|Journal Category||Thundering Steppes (AA)|
|Journal Level||35 (Tier 4)|
|Starting Zone||The Thundering Steppes more|
|How to Start||Speak with Arven Oshus in The Village of Thundermist at ( 552, 0, -72 ) /waypoint 552, 0, -72.|
- This quest is also part of The Thundering Steppes Timeline.
- This is the former access quest for the instance, Chamber of Immortality. While completion of this quest is no longer required to enter the instance, adventurers may still obtain and complete it.
- Speak Halasian.
In The Village of Thundermist I came across a very sick barbarian. The only relevant information I got out of him was something about a hermit. I think he thinks the hermit got him sick. Perhaps if I find this hermit I could help the ailing barbarian.
- Find the an elderly hermit in Ruins of Karana. One possible location is ( -675, -6, 683 ) /waypoint -675, -6, 683.
- Go into The Ruins of Varsoon and kill the following named skeletons for the hermit:
- Thimzem Ci'Re
- Erbmys Sumyd
- Et'sipe Ymeresh
- Note: These named are spawned by slaying increasingly difficult waves of their followers. Example: Killing a Sumyd apprentice and a Sumyd guard will spawn replacement apprentices and replacement guards. Killing this wave causes enraged apprentices and enraged guards to spawn. On killing the wave of "enraged" mobs, the named will appear behind a curtain.
- Access to the front door of the The Ruins of Varsoon.