It's Wikia Wednesday, Norrathians! Where we blog about things...For reasons! So I'll get this started.
This last week and a half has been quite an emotional roller coaster for me. My new title as EverQuest 2 Community Manager, drops me into Norrath, a place I have so many memories of and has me "leaving" Auraxis. "Leaving" because I am not truly leaving. I am just no longer the Community Manager. I'll still be playing PlanetSide 2 to get my FPS fix and I'll be involved in lots of things like Friday Night Ops and Community Clash. I never realized how hard it would be to find the words to say goodbye and hello to a community. If you want to check out my hello and goodbye posts, they'll go over everything a bit more in depth.
So...Here I am! The New Community Manager of EverQuest 2. What does that mean? For me, it means, I am here to help grow and direct our player base into a conglomeration of what EverQuest 2 is all about! This includes EVERYONE - solo-ers, multi-boxers, dungeon groups, questers, crafters, interior decorators, trades brokers, raiders, PvPers and so on and so forth! I often see MMO communities get split up into tiny groups, but what a lot of people don't realize is that together...Together we are WAY more powerful. United, we make the game. Honestly, we do. Without us, the players, these games wouldn't exist.
What I want to see is all of us working together and if not agreeing, at least understanding one another. Let's work as one to build a better community where new people feel welcome and there's always something fun to do!
First of all, I want to go over what I generally do:
- Reports - I scour the internet to aggregate analytic data
- Upon Development's Request
- Forum Moderation and Duties
- Social Media Engagment
- TwitchTV Livestreams - NEW!!
- News and Announcements
- SOE Live, etc
Beyond that, I want to do so much more! With a game like EverQuest 2, we have potential to create some really amazing stories together for all kinds of aspects of the game.
This is where I want your help! I usually end every blog with a question, but today, I have many questions! I'll be setting up a new livestream series, similar to Friday Night Ops if you've ever checked that out.
- What kind of content would you like to see?
- What day would be best for you to view the livestream/partake in it - Keep in mind it must be between Monday and Friday?
- How often would you like to see these streams? Weekly, biweekly, monthly?
- And last, but not least, what should we name the livestream!? :D
Here are some general ideas I have for the livestream segments:
- Dev Spotlights
- Content Spotlights
- Throw Back Thursdays - Checking out old content
- Guild Spotlights - Including all types: PvP, PvE, crafting, etc
- Event Spotlights
- Fansite Spotlights
- Individual Player Spotlights
- Discussion Panels
- Guild Recruitment Videos
- General Video Submission
- Screenshot Submissions
- Fanart Submission
- Guide Program
Let me know what you think of my ideas and leave yours in the comments section below!
-Margaret "Luperza" Krohn
EverQuest 2 Community Manager
- Hi! I'm your new Community Manager
- Weekly Wikia Question(s)
- If we did an EverQuest 2 livestream: what content would you like to see, what day would you want to watch it, how often should we stream, and what should we name it?