This is a by level list of things to hit while you are experiencing the world of Norrath. Please realize that this list is not mutually exclusing to itself and that it should be done while adventuring, or can be done after you are higher level already. This is my OPINION and is just my suggestion as to how things should be done. If you are ever unhappy about your current tradeskill class you can reset it to level 9 by talking to a Tradeskill Career Counsellor. Realize that the gear you have for crafting may no longer work for your new class and level.
Level 1 TradeskillEdit
- The quests in the Crafting Tutorial Timeline are a great way to get oriented with the EQ2 way of crafting. This also gives you a little bit of experience with harvesting, as well as free Artisan Recipe books for level 1 through 7 or so. Finally a Artisan's Tunic will give you a slight skill boost to your crafting no matter what tradeskill you may choose later.
Level 5 TradeskillEdit
- You can now scribe the recipe books for adornments. All artisans can scribe EVERY Volume 1 primary tradeskill type Enigma book. This means:
Level 9 TradeskillEdit
- Choose your crafting class (Craftsman, Outfitter, or Scholar) at a crafting trainer (the guy you buy your tradeskill books off of just outside any crafting instance, or ask a guard where a crafting trainer is and he will give you a waypoint and trail to one). This will automatically bump you up to level 10 or your chosen class.
Level 15 TradeskillEdit
- You can scribe the second set of recipe book for adornments. You may now only scribe those Enigma Recipe Books that relate to your tradeskill class. This means:
Level 19 TradeskillEdit
- Choose your crafting subclass at a crafting trainer (the guy you buy your tradeskill books off of just outside any crafting instance, or ask a guard where a crafting trainer is and he will give you a waypoint and trail to one). This will automatically bump you up to level 20 or your chosen subclass. This choice is dependant upon the class you chose previously.
Level 20 TradeskillEdit
- Talk to a Trades Coordinator to start the quest Journeyman Service. This is a little series that gives you a few extra recipes and a crafting cloak that is a nice stepping stone to the Artisan Epic Timeline cloak reward.
Level 25 TradeskillEdit
- Time for the third installment of your Adornment Recipes. From here on in you can only use the Enigma that is for your tradeskill subclass (Enigma of the ******* Volume 3 for this installment).
Level 30 TradeskillEdit
- Time for the second step in the Craftsman Service series. Talk to a Trades Coordinator to start the quest Tradesman Service.
Level 35 TradeskillEdit
- More Adornment recipes! (Enigma of the ****** Volume 4)
Level 40 TradeskillEdit
- Time for the third step in the Craftsman Service series. Talk to a Trades Coordinator to start the quest Advanced Tradesman Service.
Level 45 TradeskillEdit
- Yay Adornment recipes! (Enigma of the ****** Volume 5)
- Lavastorm has a small series for the Far Seas Supply Division faction which starts with Crafty Sootfoots: Scouting About and gives a choice of T5 rare plus Sootfoot Armoring Secrets (Level 50 Adventurer or higher helps)
Level 50 TradeskillEdit
- Time for the fourth and final step in the Craftsman Service series. Talk to a Trades Coordinator to start the quest Advanced Journeyman Tasks.
- Go to the Isle of Mara and start the Fallen Dynasty Timeline to obtain a charm item for each tradeskill class. Once you have earned the villager's trust then you may get another tradeskill quest from the villagers.
- Go to the Moors and complete the quests related to Ship Out so you can start working for the Far Seas Supply Division
Level 55 TradeskillEdit
- More Adornment recipes! (Enigma of the ****** Volume 6)
Level 65 TradeskillEdit
- Still more Adornment recipes! (Enigma of the ****** Volume 7)
Level 70 TradeskillEdit
- You may now start gaining RoK tradeskill faction with Teren's Grasp and get a sokokar so that you can travel more freely. Speak to Jones on the Kylong Plains Docks for the quest series to get a sokokar.
- The quest New Lands, New Profits will allow you access to Rillis crafting tasks and Bathezid crafting tasks both of which will allow you to purchase special Rise of Kunark Recipes from the faction merchants. It takes a LOT of tasks to get the faction needed so this can be a ok way to level your tradeskiller from level 70 to 80. Also realize you will need atleast -20k faction with Bathezid Watch to start your Epic Artisan Quest at level 80.
- Start scribing those special Rise of Kunark Recipes because they really are great items that can be good moneymakers!
Level 75 TradeskillEdit
- Even more Adornment recipes! (Enigma of the ****** Volume 8)
- The quest High Risks, Higher Profits - Part 1 and it's follow ups will allow you to start doing Danak faction tradeskill tasks for thier special Rise of Kunark Recipes.
Level 80 TradeskillEdit
- GO START YOUR EPIC ARTISAN QUEST! You must have at least -20K or better (positive) faction with Bathezid's Watch in Fens of Nathsar. There's a great Earring and Cloak reward for doing these! The earring is reason enough for anyone to become a level 80 crafter (not to mention getting 1 of EVERY T8 Rare harvest just for using T5 rare harvests)!
Secondary Tradeskill Classes - Tinkering and TransmutingEdit
- These can be started anytime and are a bit different thank normal tradeskills. For one they are not based off of experience, but instead are based on skill points (5 for every Level). The maximum Level you can have is equivalent to your highest tradeskill or adventure level (Level 70 is 350 skill, Level 80 is 400 Skill). A great place to start these is on the Butcherblock Docks, there is a trainer for each class on either side of the docks.