|Zone (Patch)||Ykesha's Inner Stronghold (The Shadow Odyssey)|
|Level||88▲▲▲ Tier 9 Epic x4|
|Reported Drops||none reported, try LootDB.|
General: Keep Tyrannus debuffed at all times.
Pulling: Tyrannus comes with six adds which must be dealt with quickly, right at the start. Generally, having the Offtank pull the encounter, and letting the MT Rescue Tyrannus is the best bet for a clean, repeatable pull.
- Have the MT position Tyrannus as best he can at one end of the room, healers against one of the pedestals that stick out, max range.
- The healers need to be aware of their location and facing, so the knockback doesn't blow them across the room.
Reactives on Tyrannus:
- Tyrannus has a nasty damage shield reactive. Four healers on the MT at all times is suggested.
- Tyrannus also has a short range port reactive. Because of the room geometry, this teleport can sometimes cause a lot of stress as the MT healers lose line of sight on the tank periodically. It's probably best if your healers do as little to damage Tyrannus as possible, thus decreasing the chances of them getting ported at exactly the wrong moment.
- Tyrannus also has an arcane reactive that could probably stand to be cured if you have time. It's a stun with DoT component, magic based.
- Get your timer right on the Trauma and joust it, it does more damage up close. The Trauma cannot be allowed to tick. Squishy people will die. Squishy people need to watch their positioning with the short range teleport so as not to wind up near Tyrannus when the Trauma is due.
- The Noxious and Elemental AOE must be cured within ~10 seconds, or else they WILL kill you when they expire.
Dealing with Adds:
- While the MT is busy getting Tyrannus in position, the Offtank and the rest of the raid need to be burning that initial set of adds down as quickly as possible. These adds also have a knockback, so position in a corner accordingly and burn hard. The first Trauma AOE is coming at about 30 seconds into the fight, and you want the adds gone before it hits.
- Massive waves of adds (eight per wave?) will spawn at the portal throughout the fight. They have few hit points, but they do need to be tanked. Have your Mages and AOE DPS classes target and DPS through the Offtank. The OT can target Tyrannus when not dealing with adds.
- An unstable minion spawns periodically throughout the fight. This add is locked to a Fighter or Scout, who has 30 seconds to kill this add or the raid wipes. A message appears to the targeted fighter/scout about "a sense of resolve the others don't possess" and they get an uncurable arcane. This add can sometimes be a challenge for Bards, so they might want to keep some of their big attacks in reserve for this. Healers need to make sure the person with the add isn't killed.