|Journal Level||85 (Tier 9)|
|Starting Zone||Fens of Nathsar more|
|How to Start||Speak to Tofus Jepner after freeing him from his cell ( -693, -127, 684 ) /waypoint -693, -127, 684.|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
These are things you will need throughout the quest:
- Your illusion "fun spells" (dwarf, human, half elf, barbarian and gnoll).
- +10,000 Faction for Residents of Teren's Grasp
- Sathirian language from A Mysterious Black Tome
- Stout (Halfing) language
- Heritage quest: A Missing Mask
- Heritage quest: The Stein of Moggok: It Can Be Rebuilt
- Optional (can be avoided by paying 5p): Hoo'Loh's Illusory Hat from Blood of the Brood
- Goblish (Goblin language) for Step 10: to hail the Captured Witchdoctor.
Starting the QuestEdit
- Kill Rillisian slavers near the Western Pens in Fens of Nathsar until you find a pens cell door key. This is a body drop.
- Free the hafling Tofus Jepner at ( -693, -127, 684 ) /waypoint -693, -127, 684 from his cell using the key. Follow him around the corner and hail him.
- Perform the Illusions he asks of you in order and chat to him again to receive the quest. You will need to know the following illusions
- Find Tabbin Juniper in Kylong Plains.
- He wanders up and down the road to Ryjesium Peaks near The Brute Gathering and Brakthyr's Post, somewhere around ( 250, 157, -1240 ) /waypoint 250, 157, -1240 or ( 356, 286, -1523 ) /waypoint 356, 286, -1523. The guards in Terens Grasp will give you a location wisp if you ask them to search for him.
- Tabbin sends you into Karnor's Castle to find his instruments, which you can in any order:
- The Mask is a small chest drop from any trash mobs in zone, and mobs can be grey.(Tested 4/3/2010) Tested 1/20/2013, killed about 20 grey mobs before chest dropped.
- The Mandolin drops from an iksar entertainer in the mess hall (5 min respawn). Mess hall is located ( -143, -55, 180 ) /waypoint -143, -55, 180
- The Drum can be found in Commander's Quarters inside of a chest:
- Make sure you have show illusions turned on in your Person a window and click on the Painting ( -189, -41, 89 ) /waypoint -189, -41, 89, across the room from the chest. Then click the chest ( -189, -41, 53 ) /waypoint -189, -41, 53 in order to get the update.
- Return to Tabbin Juniper. He now gives you a book with information about the Maiden of Masks.
- Unfortunately, he has torn out all the pages except for the first page, as he used the other pages as IOU's to pay his tabs at different bars across Norrath. You must find all 10 pages in order:
- Page 2: Go to Omen's Call in the Fens of Nathsar and speak to Goldie Sams ( 209, -60, -274 ) /waypoint 209, -60, -274. It turns out Tabbin owes her 185 platinum and 2 copper. Thankfully she lets you pay off the debt by bringing her fish meat. Complete the subquest Paying Off a Tab: Fish Fry by killing 100 fishmen for auto-updates. There are plenty of fishmen in the ruins south of Omen's Call. She gives you page number 2 (a collection item) and a clue as to where you can find the next page.
- Page 3: Head to The Estate of Unrest in Butcherblock Mountains. Page number 3 is a body drop off the The Sadistic Bartender. Only one page drops per instance.
- Page 4: Found in Kaladim. Click the page in the tavern room before the Queen ( -144, 45, -77 ) /waypoint -144, 45, -77. This will spawn a level 83^^^ Golem. Kill it, and click the page again to get the update.
- Page 5: Fetch a Cask of Blood Wine from Neriak, located in the D'Morte Inn in the very back of the New Foreign Quarters ( 173, 30, 200 ) /waypoint 173, 30, 200. Take it to Jysolin Nerala in the tavern near the Granite Hills Acorn lift in Kelethin ( 203, 108, 342 ) /waypoint 203, 108, 342 to get the page.
- Page 6: Visit Rumdum ( -236, -55, 14 ) /waypoint -235.69, -55.18, 13.54 in the bar in East Freeport and trade the Stein of Moggok (must be unmounted) for the page. If you've sold it or want it back after the trade you can buy it back from the Shady Swashbuckler on Nektulos Forest docks.
- Page 7: Hail the bartender ( -450, 2, -135 ) /waypoint -450, 2, -135 in the Laughing Trout in Rivervale and pay the tab of 1 gold to receive the page. You must speak Stout for this step.
- Page 8: Be prepared to fight as you hail Ahzeem the Bartermaster ( 64, 147, -145 ) /waypoint 64, 147, -145 on the bottom floor of The Golden Scepter in Maj'Dul. After the second dialog choice, 2 groups of 4 83^^ guards spawn and auto-aggro you -- be careful as the bartermaster is attackable and may be killed. After killing the guards speak to the bartermaster again to receive the page.
- Page 9: Lanice ( -1898, -36, -612 ) /waypoint -1897.82, -36.02, -612.31 in Windstalker Village in Antonica holds this page. Speak to her to start the subquest Paying Off a Tab: Redecoration and then make or buy the following T8 carpenter-made furniture. Caution: Do not have the items in inventory when you first talk to her to get quest as she will take the items and not update the quest journal.
- Page 10: Talk to Angelia Clayton ( 940, -20, 6 ) /waypoint 940, -20, 6 upstairs in The Mermaid's Lure in Qeynos Province District then speak to Molly Daysun who is in Elddar Grove ( 537, -17, -395 ) /waypoint 537, -17, -395. You'll get a new illusion: Human Youth, which is auto-scribed and will be found in your Knowledge book under Spells. Then go to Qeynos Harbor and talk to Nathan Ironforge, a small boy that can be found near the Clock of Ak'Anon or in the upper floor of the inn with your illusion active (Guards will point the way). You'll receive a doll from Nathan; take the doll back to Molly who will give you Page 10 in return.
- Page 11: Speak to the Bartender in Teren's Grasp Turluk Qukila ( 2200, 525, -980 ) /waypoint 2200, 525, -980. You will need +10k faction for him to talk to you. He will basically say he got rid of it. However, Tibby Joopin who's standing right next to the bartender calls for your attention. Speak to her to receive the last page. Make sure you examine the pages for the collection
- Speak to any collector, such as the down by the Sokokar post ( 1931, 480, -771 ) /waypoint 1931, 480, -771, to turn in the collected pages and receive the book.
- Return to Tibby in Teren's Grasp. She gives you a challenge to find six different rare masks. In return she will reward you with a powerful wand. You can get the masks simultaneously/in any order, and each mask step will update once turn it in to Tibby:
- Guise of the Deceiver from the heritage quest A Missing Mask. Have it in you inventory when you talk to her and you'll get the update for "a very old magic mask from ages past".
- For the performers mask, talk to Kaliis P'Radaa overlooking Kurn's Tower in the Fens ( -1793, -320, -2113 ) /waypoint -1793, -320, -2113 to receive the subquest Costume Acting 101.
- She has you collect 20 pristine burynai skins (uncommon update). In return, you will be given an burynai illusion which you get to keep. Walk around with the illusion on by her to get a performer's pass, then take the pass to the opera in Neriak and talk to Typhonus J'Nix (Theater Master) ( -672, 29, -14 ) /waypoint -672, 29, -14 with burynai illusion on. He gives you the mask for this step.
- Tibby wants "a primitive ritual mask worn by someone to perform a ceremony". Head to the end of the track (deeper into mountain) ( 5, 49, -2156 ) /waypoint 5, 49, -2156 in the Mines of Nu'roga (not the instance) in Fens of Nathsar and kill the Nurgan Captor (level 80 heroic ^^) and his 2 guards (level 80 heroic ^) surrounding Captured Drogan Witchdoctor (lvl 84^^^), who will then attack when hailed and drop a single mask as a body drop.
- For the mask covered in tropical feathers, head to Barren Sky and speak with Hoo'Loh on Strifewind Isle ( 21, 7, -439 ) /waypoint 20.73, 7.03, -438.67. If you've done the Hoo'Loh hat quest, you can get the Spiroc illusion for free, otherwise it will cost you 5p. Then head to Timorous Deep ( 1109, 20, -526 ) /waypoint 1109, 20, -526 and, with the illusion on, speak to Twocan Jam (found on Mok Rent). You must be in illusion form or he will fly away and despawn for a short time. After some chat, Twocan will become attackable. You need to engage him for 2 minutes, but not kill him. Just keep him mezzed, and after the 2 minutes he should give you the mask.
- For "a mask that is made out of skin", Kill the Queen Velazul Dizok 84^^^ or her placeholder in Chardok to obtain a key (chest drop) and then go to the room on the left when you leave her room. In the back, in a Tightly Locked Chest is the mask in it ( 1069, -50, 81 ) /waypoint 1069.05, -50.04, 80.95. You will not receive any update when using the chest, the mask will silently be placed in your inventory.
- For the mask of the maiden, you must speak to Modani Qu'loni in the scorpion pit between Charasis: Vault of Eternal Sleep and Charasis: Maiden's Chamber in Jarsath Wastes. She asks you to obtain three books, which you can get in any order. You must speek Sathirian for this step.
- The Book of Illusions, from the South Qeynos Mage Tower library. Turn into Queen Antonia by clicking her statue ( 665, -20, 96 ) /waypoint 665, -20, 96outside the mage tower, then go up and loot the book (take the red portal in the mage tower and find a big book) at ( 701, 49, 92 ) /waypoint 701, 49, 92.
- The Tome of Illusion Dispelling: from North Freeport mage library. Turn into Lucan D'Lere with the former statue down by the inn ( 13, -19, 5 ) /waypoint 12.63, -19, 5, then loot the book on the top floor at ( -3, 7, -125 ) /waypoint -3, 7, -125. Be aware that the named guard patrolling by the statue sees through the illusion and will attack "good-aligned"toons.
- The Veil of the Seeing Eye and is resting on a table just to the left of Drusella Sathir in Charasis: Maiden's Chamber. Only one can be looted per instance, and Druesella must be killed first.
- After you have all the three books, you need to return to Modani Qu'loni and give him the books to receive the mask.
- Turn the masks in to Tibby to receive your heroic Mirage Star.
- If your goal is to have the Item for the Epic Conversion Timeline, you do't need to do the RAID version. You can begin that timeline now.
This quest is part of the Illusionist Epic Weapon Timeline, and can only be started/completed by a member of that class of at least Level 80.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.