|Journal Category||Signature (AA)|
|Journal Level||85 (Tier 9)|
|Starting Zone||Fens of Nathsar more|
|How to Start||Talk to Crowhood the Olden in Fens of Nathsar; kill Guagua, bring medicine bag off his body back to Crowhood.|
40K faction with the Synod Reet (Faction)
Obtaining the Quest
Talking to Crowhood the Olden in Fens of Nathsar at ( -2631, -396, -2104 ) /waypoint -2631, -396, -2104 (northeast of Bellywhomper Burrows) reveals that she lost her medicine bag. You can find said medicine bag on the body of Guagua north of her swimming near ( -2721, -475, -2265 ) /waypoint -2721, -475, -2265. Take the medicine bag to Crowhood and receive the actual Quest The Dream Scorcher.
Placing the Totem
Crowhood sends you to place Crowhood's Totem at the following locations:
- Fens of Nathsar: near Protectis near Cabilis at ( 331, 17, -1437 ) /waypoint 331, 17, -1437
- Kylong Plains: in the Yeti caves near Teren's Grasp at ( 1327, 410, -1040 ) /waypoint 1327, 410, -1040
- Jarsath Wastes: in the Temple of the Red Lord at ( -2462, 315, 297 ) /waypoint -2462, 315, 297
- Kunzar Jungle: near the Iksar Village close to Jinisk, at the ledge with the grave (climb up to ( 180, 87, -417 ) /waypoint 180, 87, -417)
- Inspect the nearby grave (you have to speak Ykeshan) and prepare for a fight with four nightbloods (level 84) that spawn almost immediately. Move them away from the grave, because after them, another nightblood named Incubaa (Level 84, Heroic, ^^^) spawns. He fears, knockbacks and hits pretty hard, so you should bring friends.
- Return to Crowhood the Olden.
Creating the Medicine Bag
Mizzog tells you to create the medicine bag and provides you with a list of ingredients, a recipe and a sewing kit. If you lose one of them, the box next to Mizzog can be harvested to receive those things again. Scribe the recipe and go and find the following ingredients:
- 1 hidebound pelt (harvested or from broker)
- 100 lichenclover roots (harvested or from broker)
- 10 entwined filament (fuel from fuel merchant, tailor or wholesaler)
- Master of the Hunt Leash Clasp from Huntmaster Viswin inside (not in front of) Castle Mistmoore 2nd level North tower. (This is an EPIC x2 step! So bring friends!)
- A burnt scripture of fear from the The Priest of Fear in Unrest
- A dreamward of a bygone god-fearing people from Majora Leviathora in Chelsith Note: You must kill the other three Leviathan in the zone in order to break the barrier around Majora.
- An ancient idol of fear from a skeleton in Snaggletooth's room in Sebilis at ( -149, -133, 339 ) /waypoint -149, -133, 339 on second level (via underwater tunnels).
- A quivering sphere of panic bought from Bulgug Urple in Kunzar Jungle at ( 474, -96, 909 ) /waypoint 474, -96, 909 (need 40.000 faction with Synod Reet and 2P 40G to buy)
- 20 Obsidian dropped from docile fire elementals in the Skyfire Mountains range in Jarsath Wastes Less than common drop, however a magmatic destroyer drops 2 updates at a time.
Return to the Fens of Nathsar, proceed to the Field of Bone and open your defiler sewing kit inside the giant ribcage close to the head Loc -1519, -371, -1515. Create your medicine bag - failure will send you back to gather more obsidian, so be careful.
Return to Mizzog the Sighted. She tells you to find an amulet and summon a powerful spirit.
First, head to City of Mist in Kunzar Jungle. Killing MOBs here yields Shulatu's Talisman as a rare drop. Any mob appears to be able to drop it, and the item drops from a wooden chest. After receiving it, head back to the grave at ( 180, 87, -417 ) /waypoint 180, 87, -417), and talk to Shulatu Darkskar, a ghost, who will ask you to subdue eight animal spirits.
The animal spirits are located all around Kunark and require you to use the spell Spirit Sight which Shulatu will give you. All of them have a knockback and stun. They are single-player mobs but level 84, so it won't hurt to at least bring one other person with you. They roam in circles about the following locations:
- Gorilla - Kunzar Jungle around ( -471, 12, 124 ) /waypoint -471, 12, 124
- Chokidai - Kunzar Jungle around ( 652, 98, -646 ) /waypoint 652, 98, -646
- Tiger - Kunzar Jungle around ( -202, 115, -336 ) /waypoint -202, 115, -336
- Shark - Fens of Nathsar around ( -1780, -472, -3091 ) /waypoint -1780, -472, -3091, ( -2060, -550, -3069 ) /waypoint -2060, -550, -3069 or ( -1402, -425, -3065 ) /waypoint -1402, -425, -3065
- Cockatrice - Fens of Nathsar around ( -259, -83, 1372 ) /waypoint -259, -83, 1372
- Crocodile - Fens of Nathsar around ( -135, -408, 949 ) /waypoint -135, -408, 949
- Wyvern - Jarsath Wastes around ( -2108, 175, 1373 ) /waypoint -2108, 175, 1373
- Rhino - Jarsath Wastes around ( 632, -45, 681 ) /waypoint 632, -45, 681
Return to the grave, start the ritual (click on the mound). Bring a group, because after Shulatu's speech, a series of heroics will spawn (2 waves: of 3 and 4, 83^^). Kill them and Shulatu Darkskar's ghost (84^^^). Accept the rings.
Return to Mizzog. She will hand you Mizzog's Dream Totem to enter the dream world (Astra, the Dreamscape). Use this item to zone your group into the dream world. Clear the zone, and kill Kullaba Dreadpool to receive your epic.
This timeline details the quests for the fabled and mythical versions of a class's Epic Weapon.
You must be at least Level 80 in order to start/complete this quest line. The Fabled version of the epic requires only completing content of heroic difficulty at maximum, while the Mythical version requires completing several Epic encounters, culminating in one inside Veeshan's Peak.