Finding the Sha'ir MessengerEdit
I just want to confirm that Sha'ir Messenger spawns upon zoning into Maj'Dul if there wasn't anybody else in the zone. I'm imagining EQ2 doesn't have static zones that are running if nobody is in them so she must get reset each time somebody zones in.Jado818 (talk) 04:16, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
I suspected there would be a timer on idle-zone clean up. Some experimentation when I was working on this quest (and the zone was otherwise empty) proved that there is a timer. Waiting 5 minutes wasn't long enough to get the messenger to spawn on entry -- assuming nobody snuck in via call of ro while i was camping out at the nomadic carpet keeper by the docks. Waiting 15 minutes was long enough to get a messenger spawn. The required zone-idle time could vary depending on server load though. 18.104.22.168 10:28, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I tested the spawning on zone in a few times when I was doing this quest. I'd zone in follow her a bit then zone out. When I zoned back in she would start the pathing all over again. I'm sure there is some sort of time of day range where she wouldn't respawn also. I didn't test that to lock down what the time of day range was. You were most likely trying to get her to spawn during one of the off times. After all there it takes about 72 minutes earth time for a norrath day to pass. It wouldn't be unthinkable for there to be a period of 15 minutes where she wouldn't be respawning. Jado818 (talk) 14:44, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
Found also that the Exiled Sha'ir did not show at the cords but spawned there 15 mins later.
Moved from Main PageEdit
- Speak to the Sha'ir Messenger who wanders about Maj'Dul.
- She spawns twice a Norrath day (one of the times being 12:00AM, and the other seems to be 8:30PM - she has also been found at 8:00AM) at the Tower of the Moon.
- Look for her on the mini-map.
- It appears this is a triggered spawn; try zoning in from the Sinking Sands a few times and running straight for the Tower of the Moon ( -155, 177, -131 ) /waypoint -155, 177, -131, as that is where starts her path. She then patrols up past the arena ( -101, 167, 64 ) /waypoint -101, 167, 64 and finally to Champion's Court ( 29, 137, 187 ) /waypoint 29, 137, 187, where she despawns.