Introduction[edit | edit source]
In the wake of Lanys T'Vyl's demise, the throne of Hate was vacant. Saryrn the Mistress of Torment and Ullkorruuk the Archtraitor battled for supremacy, each attempting to claim the seat of power for themselves - a decision they would both soon regret. Much to their dismay, the rightful god of Hate, Innoruuk, was restored and regained his throne with little effort on his part. The vile god vows that they will pay the price for their insolence and arrogance!
Woe to any traveler who dares to explore the revitalized Shard of Hate, the celestial home to the aforementioned divine father of spite and malevolence. Your presence here is unwelcome, no matter your blood, your alignment, or your past actions. All will meet merciless resistance at the hands, claws, and teeth of the newly reunified minions of Hate! But the unique treasures and great power that await inside beckon the bravest and the boldest Norrathians, as they have in ages past.
Will fate see your name added to the ranks of victorious heroes or those of the defeated insurrectors?
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are 24 named mobs in this zone. You can only spawn one from each of 6 groups of monsters per run. There are 6 groups. The first 4 groups have one of 5 named you can spawn. The last group has one of 3, or you can get an additional Epic x2 at the end as well.
- You will get one of each of the first 3 groups in various parts of the zone, then one from group 4 at the Basilica of Hate, and a final named inside The Heart of Hate.
- Dispelling every monster in the zone is really a good idea.
- step on the teleporters to see what torches need to be lit to activate them
Named[edit | edit source]
Group 1[edit | edit source]
- Fuel of Hatred appears on the stairs in Repugnance's Rectory ( 175, 10, 150 ) /waypoint 175.39, 10.40, 149.90
- To spawn, stun bubbles of hatred. Once the bubble is stunned, the cursor over it will turn into a hand. Gather a glob of hatred from the bubble. The person who collected the glob needs to click on the door ( 175, 10, 150 ) /waypoint 175.39, 10.40, 149.90. Repeat 5 times.
- Hateful Plate in Repugnance's Rectory at ( 181, 7, 112 ) /waypoint 181.29, 7.00, 111.81.
- To spawn, find the discarded armor pieces scattered throughout the entrance of the zone. Helm ( 157, 10, 92 ) /waypoint 157, 10, 92(by base of tree near manniquin area), Shoulders ( 11, 3, 196 ) /waypoint 11, 3, 196, Legs ( -112, 10, 188 ) /waypoint -112, 10, 188, the Chest is under a mound of loose dirt ( -177, 16, 129 ) /waypoint -177, 16, 129, Hands ( -180, 25, 205 ) /waypoint -180, 25, 205. The hands will be under a dirt pile on one of the three balconies. You will need to activate the teleporters to get up to the balcony. Speak to the skull at the zone entrance before attempting to activate the teleporters. Place the armor pieces on the mannequin at ( 184, 6, 105 ) /waypoint 184, 6, 105.
- Skimp the Imp, spawns at Malice's Narthex, then roams along the path toward Wrath's Anvil.
- Trapped Bellhop is at ( -203, 16, 150 ) /waypoint -202.52, 15.76, 150.07
- Spawned by gathering the armor pieces from the Hateful Plate, then placing them in a chest unlike the rest at ( -203, 16, 150 ) /waypoint -202.52, 15.76, 150.07.
Group 2[edit | edit source]
- Anarchic Obscenity is at The Abbey ( -204, 16, 33 ) /waypoint -204.29, 15.99, 32.58.
- Spawned by pulling anarchic lurkers to the black portal at ( -202, 16, 33 ) /waypoint -202, 16, 33 and killing them in the center of the portal. The lurkers can be found between the Amphitheater of Rancor and The Abbey at ( -128, 17, -35 ) /waypoint -128.36, 17.15, -34.79, ( -110, 16, 0 ) /waypoint -110.45, 15.53, 0.09, and ( -143, 15, 37 ) /waypoint -143.07, 14.76, 37.14.
- Lord of Pain spawns in the Rectory of Confession ( 196, 33, -106 ) /waypoint 195.53, 33.23, -106.13
- To spawn, kill all the pain bringers and apprentice of pain around the Rectory of Confession to spawn a keeper of pain. Kill the keeper and it will drop one of four keys, (a circle-headed key, a cross-headed key, a square-headed key, or a triangle-headed key. Under the four cages in the area are different shapes: matching the shape to the correct key, then using the key on that cage, will spawn another a keeper of pain. Repeat for all four cages.
- Morg is a carrion golem that spawns in the Rectory of Confession ( 192, 33, -46 ) /waypoint 192.00, 33.23, -45.68
- The Damned
- To spawn, find a sacrificial knife ( 174, 33, -75 ) /waypoint 174, 33, -75, have your whole group click the knofe and die, then revive in the pit where The Damned is found.
- The Telekinetic Evangelist spawns on the stage in The Abbey.
- Spawned by killing the clerics of hate and acolytes of malice as well as Surrogate of Wrath in The Abbey. Next, look to see the color of the lit-up platform on the stage, then find the statue holding an orb of the same color, and note the direction it's facing. Turn the other two statues to face the same direction.
Group 3[edit | edit source]
- Chief Librarian Py'Tyz on the Mezzanine of House K'Lorn, a balcony above the transporter in the Amphitheater of Rancor.
- After your group has killed two nameds in the zone, as well as Librarian Lin'Dyz, Librarian Ry'Zon, and Librarian Zu'Vod, click the transporter pad in the Amphitheater of Rancor ( 26, 8, -47 ) /waypoint 26.46, 7.53, -47.09 to access the balcony, then click the Podium of House K'Lorn to spawn the Chief Librarian.
- Gluglug spawns from the fountain in the Amphitheater of Rancor ( -11, 12, -9 ) /waypoint -10.89, 12.15, -8.91
- Spawned by placing three fishbowls in the fountain, found around the zone. Possible locations include [Need POI name] ( -107, 31, -180 ) /waypoint -107, 31, -180, [Need POI name] ( -262, 19, -1 ) /waypoint -262, 19, -1, Basilica of Hate ( 75, 30, -200 ) /waypoint 75, 30, -200, and Rectory of Confession (click knife at ( 175, 33, -76 ) /waypoint 175, 33, -76).
- Helestia spawns at a grave to one side of the Amphitheater of Rancor ( 40, 8, -62 ) /waypoint 39.63, 7.82, -62.17
- To spawn, click on the grave to release a fettered wraith. Dispel and then kill them, then pick up the chain they drop on the ground and place the chains on the grave. Repeat until she spawns. 4 chains required
- Horb is a carrion golem found walking between the Amphitheater of Rancor and The Abbey around ( -143, 15, 13 ) /waypoint -142.57, 14.92, 12.51.
- The Organ Donor spawns beside the organ in the Amphitheater of Rancor. ( -15, 12, -72 ) /waypoint -15, 12, -72
- To spawn, pick up the Harmonic Conch from inside the fountain ( -12, 14, -15 ) /waypoint -12, 14, -15, then use the Conch to get the ability to see music notes for 30 seconds. You'll need to find and click four different colored music notes, noting the colors and the order in which you clicked them. Next, go to the organ and click four colored keys in the same order as the musical notes you found.
Group 4[edit | edit source]
- Igidishi roams along the dirt below the stairs that lead to the Basilica of Hate ( -13, 21, -118 ) /waypoint -13.14, 20.79, -118.00.
- To spawn, locate and click skulls with horns (tracking works); either they will dissolve or become attackable. Find and kill the skulls until Igidishi spawns. You need a fighter(to see the named when he transforms into an animal) and a scout(to see the totem that matches the named's animal transformation) in your group to kill this name!!!
- Morghorb is west of the stairs at the Basilica of Hate ( 38, 31, -207 ) /waypoint 37.76, 30.60, -206.81
- Scorn Baron V'Ayne and Scorn Baroness Ny'Nev
- Click the Icons of Scorn on the wall around the zone until there are no more clicks. Go to ( 212, 33, -61 ) /waypoint 212, 33, -61 to find white/red orbs or "lanterns". These must all be red to open the door. This part is a puzzle, and you must find a way to align them all.
- The Head of Hate is at the top of the stairs at the Basilica of Hate ( -12, 36, -198 ) /waypoint -12.15, 35.81, -198.45
- Spawn by killing the Surrogate of Contempt, Surrogate of Rage, Surrogate of Rancor, Surrogate of Venom, and Surrogate of Wrath, then craft on the book/crafting station [need actual name of the dropped item] they drop to destroy "the vessel" (that's how the craft to do is named) and prevent respawning (if you don't do the craft, the Surrogate will respawn).
- Ze'Vlu'Vex appears on the steps of the Basilica of Hate at ( -14, 31, -171 ) /waypoint -14.05, 31.16, -171.06.
- Spawned by slaying the loathsome liches on either side of the Basilica of Hate around ( -82, 31, -251 ) /waypoint -81.92, 30.78, -250.67 and ( 55, 31, -258 ) /waypoint 54.97, 30.62, -257.55; once the liches are dead, turn on Ultravision (a buff from coercers or necromancers, or use Gnomish Shades) then find and click on the unlit torches on the sides of the building.
Group 5[edit | edit source]
- Estir the Spiteful is within the Heart of Hate, which is entered by clicking the doors of the Basilica of Hate.
- Gruesome Twosome
- Cantankerous Triumvirate
Group 6[edit | edit source]
- Ulvaug the Bloodfang, an Epic x2, appears in the Heart of Hate after killing the Cantankerous Triumvirate.
- Spawned by killing the Cantankerous Triumvirate.
Final Reward[edit | edit source]
The final reward for completing this zone is:
Credits[edit | edit source]
|EQ2i credits this Community News article| for the overview information in this article.|
|EQ2i credits posts in this thread written by Gninja, Chrol, and Bawkan at the SOE/DBG Forums for some of the information in this article.|