Primordial fragments are used to craft player-made Primordial Adornments.
The following holds true as of 2015, when these were introduced:
- The recipes to make Primordial Adornments are sold by the normal adorning recipe merchants.
- The fragments are no-trade, but the crafted adornments are heirloom.
- They must be harvested by you. You will not' get them from the gathering goblin ability or the Artisan's Fully Trained Pack Pony.
- Your harvesting skill does not impact the chance to get these; the higher the tier, the greater the rarity, and the more difficult they are to get.
- Reports of testers in both beta and live shortly after these were released indicate that these are far beyond the pale of what most players consider a rare harvested material; it can take hours and hours and hours of harvesting and one may still come back with none of these from higher tier zones!
Fragments by TierEdit
All of these are flagged as Fabled. The description mentions them as "transmuted" but they are harvested in zones along with all other crafting materials.
- For help remembering which zone has materials from which tiers, see the Harvesting Timeline
- T1 shimmering primordial fragment
- T2 glowing primordial fragment
- T3 sparkling primordial fragment
- T4 glimmering primordial fragment
- T5 luminous primordial fragment
- T6 lambent primordial fragment
- T7 scintillating primordial fragment
- T8 smoldering primordial fragment
- T9 ethereal primordial fragment
- T10 effulgent primordial fragment
- T11 (none)
These are often called ultra-rares (term coined by Naimi of Eq2 Trader's) due to the extremely rare chance one has to harvest them compared to normal rares used in all other crafted items. The above is a summary largely based on Naimi's info at EQ2 Traders.