The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
| The Item, Location, Quest, Mob or NPC referred to by this page has been removed from EverQuest II.|
This article is being retained for historical reasons
|This series of World Event quests led up to the release of Echoes of Faydwer and then were removed from the game|
|Return of the Gods Timeline|
|1a. Spear of the Sentries|
|1b. Shreds of Fear|
|2a. The Arena of Zek|
|2b. Peaceful Prison Break|
|3a. Awakening of the Underfoot|
|3b. Trial of Flame|
|4a. The Battle of Cauldron Hollow (Good)|
|4b. The Battle of Cauldron Hollow (Evil)|
|Journal Category||World Event|
|Journal Level||Scales with player level|
|Starting Zone||Zek, the Orcish Wastes more|
|How to Start||Speak with Sensei Makoto Shoda on the docks of Zek, the Orcish Wastes who will tell you he needs you to peacfully rescue 5 captured monks from the jails in Deathfist Citadel|
- This quest is for good-aligned characters only.
- Evil-aligned players should look at The Arena of Zek instead.
- No combat is required to complete this quest. In fact, no violence at all may be used during the completion of this quest or you will fail and be required to start again.
- Tell Sensei Makoto Shoda you are ready to begin. He will "sneak" you into Deathfist Citadel: Prison Break.
- Once you zone into the citadel instance, you will receive Wand of Peaceful Exiting. A reward menu also will appear listing 10 items from which you must choose 5 to help you complete the quest in a NON-VIOLENT manner. None of them are inherently better than any others. The key to choosing the right ones is knowing what the abilities of your character's class are and what must be supplemented. You choose 5 of the following items:
- Take your best route using whatever means necessary to enter the jail cells in the basement of Deathfist Citadel via the sewers. Note that you cannot take the rope to the courtyard. Also, keep in mind that your best route may involve Training many or all the orcs in the sewers to the door of the prison.
- Once you enter the prison basement near the jail cell doors, stay there. You should have ample room to maneuver without attracting the attention of the wandering guard at the end of the hallway past the cells.
- Using the floor levers and wall switches, open the jail cell doors.
- After each door is open, target the captured monk inside and use the Wand of Peaceful Exiting to transport the monk to a safety. Do this for each of the 4 monks located in the jail cells.
- Using whatever means necessary, enter the room at the other end of the jail cell hallway. The door is guarded by 1 or 2 wandering orcs and the room itself contains 2 or 3 orcs guarding the injured body (likely tortured!) of the remaining monk to be rescued.
- Target the body of the remaining monk and use the Wand of Peaceful Exiting to transport him to safety.
- Using whatever means necessary, exit the prison and the sewers using the sewer grate. Keep in mind that you need to jump up onto a rock in a room full of orcs mining in order to get to the water cavern that leads to the exit grate.
- Report your success to Sensei Makoto Shoda on the docks of Zek to receive your reward.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.