| The Item, Location, Quest, Mob or NPC referred to by this page has been removed from EverQuest II.|
This article is being retained for historical reasons
|Replaced by the good (Queen's Colony) and evil (Outpost of the Overlord) islands in LU19|
- For the Point Of Interest in Altar of Malice, see The Isle of Refuge.
- For the Deception version of the Isle used for the Prismatic Weapon Timeline is called Darathar's Flight and can be accessed from an orb on the top floor of Antonica's Oracle Tower.
- For the prestige house version that was introduced as the 11-year Veteran Reward, see Isle of Refuge Prestige Home.
Originally, all new players started on the same island, Isle of Refuge, but depending on which city you chose to start in, the Isle inhabitants of the Isle reacted differently to you. As the game was subscription only in the beginning the Isle also functioned as a trial area for everyone, if you wanted to leave you had to pay for a subscription. In LU19 they made these two distinct islands:
With the release of Echoes of Faydwer, players could choose Kelethin and start in the The Nursery area of Greater Faydark in addition to the two islands and as of LU35, the city of Neriak, City of Hate was added to the list.
The original starting quests remain in the completed section of the journal for players who completed them. Those quests which were moved to Queen's Colony or Outpost of the Overlord also moved journal sections, and are listed on those pages.
Isle of Refuge Edit
Upon reaching land, the player would first choose one of the four archetypes, and be sent to one of four trainers to learn about the chosen class. All of Garven Tralk's quests are Hallmark.
- Speaking with Braksan (1) (fighters only)
- Speaking with Mizan (1) (mages only)
- Speaking with Nathinia (1) (priests only)
- Speaking with Vladiminn (1) (scouts only)
Underneath the main tower was a cellar where players learned how to move house items. This is a Hallmark quest.
- Cellar Cleanup (3)
These quests were all started by examining objects dropped from mobs.