Requirements[edit | edit source]
These are things you will need throughout the quest:
- Your illusion "fun spells" (dwarf, human, halfelf, barbarian and gnoll).
- Sathirian language from A Mysterious Black Tome
- Stout (Halfing) language
- Goblish (goblin) Language
- Heritage quest: A Missing Mask
- Heritage quest: The Stein of Moggok: It Can Be Rebuilt
Optional (can be avoided by paying 5p):
Starting the quest line[edit | edit source]
- Kill Rillisian slavers near the Western Pens in Fens of Nathsar until you find a pens cell door key. This is a body drop.
- Free the hafling Tofus Jepner at ( -693, -127, 684 ) /waypoint -693, -127, 684 from his cell using the key. Follow him around the corner and hail him.
- Perform the Illusions he asks of you in order and chat to him again to receive the quest. You will need to know the following illusions
After following his lead and changing form a couple of times he offers you the quest The Maiden of Masks.
Heroic version[edit | edit source]
- The Maiden of Masks (Level 85 Heroic)
Raid version[edit | edit source]
- The Mirage Star (Level 85 Epic)
Epic Conversion[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
An NPC, Modani Qu'loni, in Jarsath Wastes at (706, -126, 278) near Maiden's Chamber in Howling Stones has the following dialog when hailed. Note that you need to speak the Sathirian language, for which you need to complete the Feathers for Sethis
- You: Hail
- Modani: The hidden self... inside a myriad of magic... is one that walks... quite softly.
- You: Who are you?
- Modani: I am... the Modani. I have been... here... for ages.
- You: So you are a long lived skorpikis?
- Modani: No. Skorpikis... I am not. I am... the observer. Once an enchanter... now trapped... in this illusion.
- You: I know something about illusions. I am <<Player Name>> and I am an illusionist.
- Modani: Be warned! It is not... just simple... parlor tricks you... command! For an arcane illusion... is not simply a trick... of the eye. You will slowly become... what you personify. Slowly... you mind will change... your thinking... your insticts... until you become... as I, trapped... in an ages old illusion... of your own design. The Maiden's Mask... will become... a prison... if you do not... cast off your guise.
- You: I think I understand. I can't maintain one particular illusion for a very long time or I will become trapped within the spell. Thank you.
This timeline details the quests for the fabled and mythical versions of a class's Epic Weapon.
You must be at least Level 80 in order to start/complete this quest line. The Fabled version of the epic requires only completing content of heroic difficulty at maximum, while the Mythical version requires completing several Epic encounters, culminating in one inside Veeshan's Peak.