The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Journal Category||World Event (AA)|
|Journal Level||Scales with player level upto level 50|
|Starting Zone||see Starting the Quest below|
|How to Start||Good-alignment: Speak with Pearl Honeywine in Qeynos Province District ( 695, -21, -59 ) /waypoint 695, -21, -59|
Evil-alignment: Speak with Mareva D'Iniv in The City of Freeport at ( 32, -7, -130 ) /waypoint 32, -7, -130
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
Description[edit | edit source]
I must return to the mine where the artifact was taken from me. I heard a sinister voice demanding that I stop investigating this matter. I must find out what the entity knows, one way or another.
Steps[edit | edit source]
- Return to the your level-appropriate instance and complete the required steps, listed in the next section:
- The Roekillik Excavation: Up to level 30; in the Commonlands at ( 0, -48, 726 ) /waypoint 0, -48, 726 (see Talk page).
- The Mysterious Mine: Levels 30-45; in Zek, the Orcish Wastes at ( -170, -18, -196 ) /waypoint -170, -18, -196
- The Icy Dig: Levels 45+; in Everfrost at ( 107, -4, -1143 ) /waypoint 107, -4, -1143
- Once all the steps for your respective instance are completed, return to Pearl Honeywine or Mareva D'Iniv.
Instances[edit | edit source]
- Walk to the building at ( 238, -47, 794 ) /waypoint 238, -47, 794 and receive an auto-update that you hear a voice.
- Climb onto the roof of the building and kill the two druzan elite warriors (27^^^ guardians) to spawn Druzan.
- Kill Druzan - he's an lvl 28 Epic x2 Drakota. Slightly underconned but still an epic - a group of 3 players with mercs should probably have enough dps to burn him down, but good luck finding a group at that level for this zone.
- A new Drakota named Kodan spawns and tells You shall never succeed. We will defend the artifact at all costs! Kodan voice resonates across the land: Idiot rats! I have lost all patience with you, I shall brook no more failures! Kodan continues: Dispose of these vermin once and for all, or answer to me!
- Captain Mjarstak with two Roekillik Elite Guard spawn and attack Captain Mjarstak shouts: They shall be dealth with my liege.
- Kill Tzkak the Dark ( 332, -77, -202 ) /waypoint 331.5, -77, -202(252, -79, -129)
- Activate the voice update at ( 332, -33, -142 ) /waypoint 332, -33, -141.5
- Kill Hunkta the Grey ( 341, -23, -189 ) /waypoint 341, -22.5, -188.5
- Rewards for The Mysterious Mine version:
- Enter the citadel in the same manner as in the Revelation.
- Go to the eastern ramp of the citadel, the one guarded by Ghagan the Enforcer at ( -154, 3, -266 ) /waypoint -154, 3, -266. From here proceed up the ramp to the next level.
- Cross through the doors at ( -114, 22, -247 ) /waypoint -114, 22, -247. The quest will update as you walk onto the rampart.
- Slay Advisor Kal and Rygia at ( -114, 23, -99 ) /waypoint -114, 23, -99. The quest will update and you will receive Rygias Amulet of Dousing with 12 charges.
- Go back through the doors and turn left. Go up the ramp until it reaches a circular hallway. Turn right and go around to a set of doors on the north wall at ( 0, 41, -384 ) /waypoint 0, 41, -384. Go through them and follow the cavern to its end.
- When you reach the end of the cavern at ( -124, 14, -633 ) /waypoint -124, 14, -633 you'll come upon Huyzak the Cunning and Bresellis the Dark, with three roekillik guards. This is the start of a very difficult fight. Huyzak the Cunning must be killed last, because his death triggers an event. The wall behind him will explode and a large drakota will come bursting through.
- Slay Kodan.
- Inside Kodan's cave are two idols. Approaching one will give you the chat box message, "You see what appears to be the word Rygia inscribed on a strange idol." These idols cause 'beams of soul-sucking energy' to strike the party and will continue to do so as long as Kodan is alive. Use Rygias Amulet of Dousing to turn off the idols briefly. When they reactivate, you will receive the chat box message "The strange idol has been reactivated" if you are still standing near one. Continue using the amulets to turn off the idols while fighting Kodan.
- The idols have unlimited range through the entire instance, and do not require line-of-sight. This means that if are solo & you die and choose to respawn at the front door, they will immediately start hitting you for massive damage every few seconds as well stunning/rooting you. You get only brief intervals to heal up and move between attacks! You can't disable them until you're near them again. It is quite a trek back to Kodan's cave, although it is possible to get there and resume the fight. However, it would likely be easier to exit the instance and wait out the lockout to try again. You won't need to kill Rygia again, at least.
- If you linger in the zone after killing Kodan, you will eventually be attacked by Diamondon and then the Dark Planner.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|EQ2i credits this article at EQ2 ZAM for some of the info.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.