For an alphabetic listing of articles related to this topic, see Category:Frostfell.
|“||Frostfell is coming, the vulrich is getting fat! Please do put a copper in the old gnome's hat!||”|
It's Frostfell Time in Norrath! Song fills the air, Norrathians bustle to purchase that special gift, to fix their feasts. Those Frostfell Elves are out in force to bring cheer and gifts of the season to one and all.
Frostfell is the Live Event that begins in December. While in-game, click on the EQ2 radial button and choose the Calendar to check the exact dates. It was first introduced to EQ2 in 2005.
Some Frostfell quests take place in your home city but many occur in a special holiday zone: Frostfell Wonderland Village.
To learn more about the zone's history, to see a map, and for some general tips and tricks, see the Frostfell Wonderland Village page.
The event has numerous quests, 4 purple "shiny" collections, races, achievements, special crafting materials, and more, all described below.
New and returning players should consult the Annual quests section below first, as many of the quests inside the Frostfell Wonderland Village are unlocked only after the first quest listed there is complete.
While "regulars" who lurk and edit this wiki do their best to keep this page up-to-date, sometimes the game development moves faster than we do. Please add any new quests you discover to this section. New quests are not added to the game every year, so if this section seems behind, check the Official Forums for announcements. If we reach another year with new quests, the quests and info once found in this section will be moved in favor of what's actually new.
New in 2021
Unlike other events that start and end at 12:01, Frostfell starts and ends in the morning of the following dates: Dec. 7th 2021- Jan. 4th 2022. Please check your in-game calendar for localized times. According to the forums, this year Frostfell will end at 11:59 pm, Pacific Time, on Jan. 4th.
- Valkyrie Saga - Lottie in Everfrost
- Valkyrie Saga - Lottie Troubles
- Valkyrie Saga - Hidden Hall
- Valkyrie Saga - Frikka Defenses
- Valkyrie Saga - Frosthorn Ambush
New recipe books:
- Frostfell Outfits You Can Make XIV
- Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts XIV
- Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell XIV
New in 2020
Unlike other events that start and end at 12:01, Frostfell starts and ends in the morning of the following dates: Dec. 8th - Jan. 5th 2021. Please check your in-game calendar for localized times. According to the forums, this year Frostfell will end at 11:59 pm, Pacific Time, on Jan. 5th.
- New quest: Icy Something Worth Mining offered by Sugarbow in the Frostfell villiage
- Santa Glug has nine new gifts (16 total) to give everyone that asks once a day (every 18 hours)
- Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, has 8 new items for sale to players of all levels.
New recipe books:
- Frostfell Outfits You Can Make XIII
- Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts XIII
- Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell XIII
Four items that were previously retired have returned to the event merchants, Giggawat and Garsleblat Gigglegibber:
- Frostfell Greeting Card
- Frostfell Carol Greeting Card
- Frostfell Feast Greeting Card
- Frostfell Wishes Greeting Card
2020 TLE Server Limitations
Kaladim, will have most of the event EXCEPT for:
- Little Lost Goblin
- Deepice Dreams
- Special Delivery
- O Frostfell Tree
- Tis the Season
- Gift Giving
In addition, Kaladim players who obtain the Frostfell Merry Kitten familiar will find that on the Kaladim server it is turned into a fluff pet spell.
Travel to Frostfell Wonderland Village
There is a magic closet (wardrobe) located in each of the cities. Click on it to enter the Frostfell Wonderland Village:
- The Qeynos Province District entrance appears in Qeynos Harbor where The Clock of Ak'Anon usually stands. ( 736, -21, -41 ) /waypoint 736, -21, -41
- The City of Freeport entrance appears in West Freeport near The Arena. ( 231, -4, -41 ) /waypoint 231.32, -3.52, -41.00
- The Kelethin entrance appears in the Greater Faydark inside the city near Jysolin's Pub ( 224, 112, 399 ) /waypoint 224, 112, 399
- The Neriak entrance appears near the Dockside Markets ( -99, 10, 275 ) /waypoint -98.85, 10.19, 275.48
- The Gorowyn entrance appears in on the bottom floor on the walkway around the pool ( 2594, 6, 1192 ) /waypoint 2594, 6, 1192
- The Haven entrance appears beside the mailbox
- The New Halas entrance is in the middle of town ( -6, 147, -36 ) /waypoint -6, 147, -36
The Frostfell currency is Frozen Token of E'ci. To see how many tokens you have, press C (while logged in) to open the Character window and click on your Currency tab.
- Token-Earning Tips:
Over the years, veterans players have developed two common strategies:
- The Icy Keep - solo or group quests are offered for the instance, but the number of lootable tokens in the group version is far superior during the group version of the Mission Improbable series quests.
- Raiding the Gifty Storehouse - before you turn in the solo quest you can trade extra gifts in your inventory to Gixen on the dock in the Enchanted Lands. Hint-hint: you can re-enter the instance for the quest and greedily gather extra gifts over and over.
There are four event merchants.
- Gerbi Frostfoot - sells items for only for Frozen Token of E'ci. You must complete at least one quest in The Icy Keep before he will even show you what he has to sell.
- Frostfell Vendor Items are available from both Giggawat Gigglegibber and Garsleblat Gigglegibber
- Ginneldarf Gigglegibber, the fuel merchant in the Icy Keep instance used for the crafting quest, sells fuel and the recipes, but also sells the keys needed to unlock the chests needed to make year-round Frostfell Crafting Stations.
- Quests in this section are repeatable only once per year, though a few sub-quests in the series may be repeatable and are noted as such.
To Unlock (most) Quests
Before you read on, there is one quest required to unlock almost all of the other quests within the Wonderland Village!
- First appeared in 2013
- A Deepice Mystery - Players must complete this quest once in order to free several Frostfell quest-givers.
- First appeared in 2012
- Merry Mischief - You can try your luck at getting a pet Gum Drop from Santa Glug or you can choose one as a reward by completing this quest.
A Frostfell Favor
- First appeared in 2006
- A Frostfell Favor - players are transported and transformed into McScroogle for this homage to the holiday classic, A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens.
Giftgiver Dilemma Series
- First appeared in 2009
- The Giftgiver's Dilemma
- Raiding the Gifty Storehouse (First appeared in 2010) - this quest makes it easy to obtain mass quantities of Frozen Tokens. See the section about Frozen Tokens (above) for a strategy hint. The quest itself is repeatable every 18 hours, but is in this section because you must repeat the Giftgiver's Dilemma each year first.
- Gnopp's One Stop Shop
Saving Frostfell Series
First appeared in 2007
Repeatable annually. Queen Bunny is distraught over the unseemly commercialization of Frostfell. She sends you to save the spirit of the holiday by destroying the McScroogle Corporation's factory.
Icy Keep Heroic Quests
- Mission Improbable...
- It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!
- Covering Your Snow Tracks! (Repeatable during the event)
- An Exalting Experience! (First appeared in 2009)
Deepice Dreams (Maldura) Series
- First appeared in 2015
The series begins with Jarith Icewing at ( 334, -24, -1513 ) /waypoint 334.31, -23.75, -1512.75 and includes:
- First appeared in 2017
Little Lost Goblin
- First appeared in 2016
Icy Something Worth Mining
- First appeared in 2020
Repeatable Quests (Multiple Times per Year)
Quests in this section are repeatable at least two times while the event is live. Some may be unlimited.
Gigglegibber's Work Quest
A Gigglegibber's work is never done (by a Gigglegibber). The goblin who gives this quest will be within the city. See the quest page for location.
- The first time this quest is completed, the reward is a Frostfell Tree.
- Subsequent completions offer a choice of a Frostfell Wreath, lighting options for your tree, Frozen Tokens of E'ci, and more!
- It is worth repeating this at least a few times each year, as the rewards have changed over the years, with new items often offered with each repeat. For example, [need the tapestry name] was offered in 2010.
The Gigglegrump Series
- First appeared in 2005
These quests scale every five levels, and can be repeated ten times per level by those who who love them; the secret? Change your level by visiting a Chronomancer.
- The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump The 2005 Frostfell storyline dealt with the case of the Gigglegibber Grump. This quest line was started in Qeynos Harbor or West Freeport. It was not available as part of the 2006 or 2007 Frostfell adventures, but returned in 2008.
- The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump
- Removing the Grump
Candy Grab Races
- First appeared in 2006
The races are held in two locations and have identical rewards, but those aiming to complete the holiday achievement must visit both locations. It rewards Frozen Tokens and/or various house items and appearance gear, depending on how successfully you gather candy. Those who really work at it can even gain a special title.
Since 2015 there is also a race inside the Wonderland:
Though there's just one crafting quest, it's very rewarding! This quest can be repeated daily. It is a great way to gain tradeskill XP and level. In addition, those who have tradeskill level 90+ can buy lore recipes to craft keys and get Frostfell Crafting Stations to use all year long!
- First appeared in 2011
- Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost! (repeatable daily)
Those who love crafting and decorating houses love Frostfell. Because this aspect of Frostfell is so complicated, most of the info resides on dedicated pages.
- New to EQ2 or back and feeling rusty? See the Frostfell Wonderland Village page, which includes generalized info on crafting during the season.
- Just need to see which books you might be missing? See the Frostfell Recipe Books category page.
- Looking for which items you might spend tokens on? See the page for Gerbi Frostfoot, who sells most of the event items and Frostfell Vendor Items for items sold by both of the general event merchants.
- Prior to 2013, players were mailed a candy cane to examine and start this quest. The candy cane was replaced with this achievement series. While in-game, press J to open the Journal and look for it in the Live Events section of the Achievement tab.
- Frostfell Fanatic! - Complete each of the Frostfell quests.
- Frostfell Feast Delights -- Cook a range of Frostfell recipes.
- Frostfell Overdrive! -- Complete the Great Candy (Cane) Chase in under 2 minutes, 45 seconds!
- Great Candy Grabber -- Participate in each of the Frostfell Candy Grab competitions.
- Handcrafted Gifts to Give -- Craft a selection of Frostfell gifts.
- Holiday Lights -- Craft a set of holiday lights.
- Quests in this section are once per character (no repeats, ever!)
Feelin' Gifty Series
First appeared in 2005 Completing this quest gives you options for lighting your Frostfell Tree.
- Feelin' Gifty in Qeynos!
- Feelin' Gifty in Freeport!
- Feelin' Gifty in Kelethin!
- Feelin' Gifty in Neriak!
- Feelin' Gifty in Gorowyn!
- Feelin' Gifty in New Halas!
- First appeared in 2008
- Decoration Additions in Qeynos
- Decoration Additions in Freeport
- Decoration Additions in Kelethin
- Decoration Additions in Gorowyn
- Decoration Additions in Neriak
- Decoration Additions in New Halas
- Eeew! It looks like some skaters were not as graceful as others. If you look carefully, you'll see blue "shinies" on the ice that are for the Frost-bitten Toes collection.
- Druidic Frostfell Icons
- Frostfell Baked Treats
- Hand-Hewn Frostfell Ornaments
- Frostfell Sweets
- Frostfell Hot Drinks (added in 2021)
- Quests given by Gardy Giftgiver were retired when Santa Glug and his thugs...err friends took over gift giving. Gardy is now known as Gardy Ex-Giftgiver and has his own quest series.
- Frostfell Fanatic! (introduced in 2010) was retired, but replaced with the Achievement found in your quest journal.
Seasonal Marketplace Items
The following items are generally available from the Marketplace only while the event is live.
Additional items can be found by searching the Marketplace using the word Frost or other winter-themed adjectives. This makes it easy to find armor, cloaks, and house items with a winter theme that may only be around during the event.
- Snowball Fights and More:
As you explore the city and special zone, you will find buckets of snowballs that you can click to get a pile of 20 Snowballs. Target a mob or your fellow players to have a laugh at the effects.
If you prefer, you can craft a Sturdy Fruitcake to pitch at your fellow Norrathians. Running out? Nearby to one of the goblin merchants is a table with a fruitcake you can click for 20 sturdy fruitcakes as well.
- Gerby Frostfoot at ( 178, -36, -1312 ) /waypoint 178, -36, -1312 only sells items for Frozen Tokens and will only show you his wares if you have at least one token to spend.
- Giggawat Gigglegibber at ( 140, -9, -1240 ) /waypoint 140, -9, -1240 and Garsleblat Gigglegibber near the Icy Keep zone-in only sell a few items for Frozen tokens, but mostly items for standard coin currency. These two sell the same recipe scrolls you can buy from other vendors on the islands.
- Various fuel vendors inside the Wonderland Village sell the fuels Elven Magic, Holiday Cheer, and Holiday Spirit. You need those special fuels to craft holiday-themed items. The fuel vendors are found near crafting stations. A special fuel vendor inside the tradeskill quest version of The Icy Keep will see you special recipes described on the page about Frostfell Crafting Stations.
- If you want all the crafting recipes, be sure to check all the merchants because some of them have additional recipes for sale.
- From a popular Qeynos children's Frostfell rhyme.
|This article refers to events, personae and activities only present in-game during the annual Frostfell celebration. Frostfell comes to Norrath each year from (roughly) the second week of December to the first week of January.|