|The Item, Location, Quest, Mob or NPC referred to by this page has been removed from EverQuest II.|
This article is being retained for historical reasons
|Revamp with LU62, see The City of Freeport and The City of Freeport Timeline|
Current theories suggest that Freeport was founded on the remnants of a small Tier'Dal outpost at one end of the continent of Old Antonica. That outpost supposedly grew in size enough to become a small village named Weille. According to those same theories, Weille eventually came to be called Landing after Aataltaal encouraged it to grow and prosper. It was likely not until the Age of Turmoil that the city began to be known as Freeport.
The city is made up of a number of "villages" where various different races live; Big Bend, where Ogres and Trolls reside; Stonestair Byway, where you can find Erudites and Kerrans; Temple Street, littered with Gnomes and Ratonga; Beggar's Court is where Humans and Half Elves live; Longshadow Alley where only Dark Elves live; and finally, Scale Yard for Barbarians and Iksar.
City Zones[edit | edit source]
- North Freeport - Overlord's Palace, The Dismal Rage (Priests), and The Academy of Arcane Science (Mages)
- South Freeport - The Seafury Buccaneers (Scouts)
- West Freeport - The Freeport Militia (Fighters), City Gate to The Commonlands
- East Freeport - City Docks, Harbormaster's Office
Villages[edit | edit source]
With the 2012 Revamp of Freeport, the following villages no longer have player housing. The starter homes once found in these villages have been moved to The Jade Tiger's Den in North Freeport. The villages are now incorporated into new quest lines for the City of Freeport and can only be entered after getting quests related to each village.
- Longshadow Alley - off North Freeport, home to Dark Elves
- Temple Street - off South Freeport, home to Ratonga and Gnomes
- Scale Yard - off South Freeport, home to Iksar and Barbarians
- Big Bend - off South Freeport, home to Ogres and Trolls
- Stonestair Byway - off North Freeport, home to Kerrans and Erudites
- Beggar's Court - off North Freeport, home to Humans and Half Elves
Adjacent Zones[edit | edit source]
- The Graveyard - from Longshadow Alley, Stonestair Byway, Sunken City, and The Commonlands
- Sunken City - from The Graveyard and by boat
- The Sprawl - from Big Bend, Scale Yard, The Ruins, Serpent Sewer and The Commonlands
- The Ruins - from The Sprawl and by boat