|Journal Level||5 (Tier 1)|
|Starting Zone||see Starting the Quest below|
|How to Start||Speak to Steward Aelin ( 455, -21, 174 ) /waypoint 455, -21, 174 in Qeynos Capitol District or Steward Kres in The City of Freeport ( -204, -57, 162 ) /waypoint -204, -57, 162|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
You can only complete the mission once per day but you can also delete the quest if you get a bad one (however you will have to wait approximately 10 minutes before the NPC will give you a new quest). You may also have to wait 10 minutes to get the quest in the first place (at random) as well.
The quest will ask you to capture 11 monsters/creatures/etc., from one of the following categories below, in an empty familiar cage that you will receive from the Steward. Below are some suggestions for monsters that should update the quest, but this is not meant to be a complete list.
- Aquatic creatures:
- There are very few spawn locations for boars, so you may want to consider deleting the quest and requesting a new one after the ten minute quest reset time.
- Note that boarfiends will not update the quest. Hellboars also do not appear to update the quest.
- Examples include the linked swines in Nektropos Castle. You will, however, have to zone out and back in repeatedly to obtain enough spawns for the 11 kills. Note that the single triple-up swine cannot be caged, and the Swine Lord will not update the quest; the encounter must be the version with 2 or 3 linked swine.
- Dire creatures:
- Enchanted creatures:
- Mystical creatures:
Hints and tips
- To capture a monster, you need to be hated by the encounter, but you must not kill the encounter before you have used the cage.
- Many heroic encounters, raid encounters and non-attackable NPCs (such as the pigs in Windstalker Village) may not be caged. Some of these monsters may nevertheless display the quest icon (sack) on their names.
- If caging a low level monster, you may want to engage the encounter with your auto attack turned off (or not wielding weapons), with an ability that does not deal damage such as:
- Inquisitor: Condemn
- Warden: Root
- Shadowknight: Siphon Strength
- Berserker: Mock
- Guardian: Provoke
- Paladin: Goading Gesture
- Warlock: Curse of Void
- Wizard: Shackle
- Coercer: Obliterated Psyche
- Illusionist: Lockdown
- Conjuror: Quicksand
- Necromancer: Chains of Torment
- Fury: Karana's Hold
- Templar: Rebuke
- Defiler: Atrophy
- Mystic: Haze and Deteriorate for less cool down wait time.
- Channeler: Interfering Noise
- Dirge: Disheartening Descant
- Troubador: Disheartening Descant
- Assassin: Caltrops , Cheap Shot and Torture for less cool down wait time.
- Ranger: Immobilizing Lunge and Cheap Shot for less cool down wait time.
- Brigand: Mug and Cheap Shot for less cool down wait time.
- Swashbucklker: Tease and Cheap Shot for less cool down wait time.
- Beastlord: Vine Net and Cheap Shot for less cool down wait time.
Also note "Abrade" damage is caused by the Gaggelu Pearwood familiar.
- The classification of animals to be caged is the same as used for the Beastlord and Channeler classes, so you may find the beastlord warders page and the channeler construct pages helpful. Similarly, the Guide to Beastlord Warders may be useful. Monsters can be searched by classification on the ZAM Bestiary.
|EQ2i credits this article at EQ2U for Information about the warders.|