|Journal Level||5 (Tier 1)|
|Starting Zone||see Starting the Quest below|
|How to Start||Speak to Steward Aelin ( 455, -21, 174 ) /waypoint 455, -21, 174 in Qeynos Capitol District or Steward Kres in The City of Freeport ( -204, -57, 162 ) /waypoint -204, -57, 162|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
You can repeat the mission once per day. You may also delete the quest and wait approximately 10 minutes to be offered a new one.
The quest will ask you to capture 11 monsters, from one of the following categories, in an empty familiar cage that you receive from the Steward. Below are some suggestions for monsters that should update the quest, but these are not meant to be an exhaustive list.
- Aquatic creatures:
- Pigs (bestiary)
- Note that boarfiends will not update the quest. Hellboars (bestiary) also do not appear to update the quest.
- There are very few spawn locations for boars, so you may want to consider deleting the quest and requesting a new one in ten minutes.
- Examples include the linked swines in Nektropos Castle. You will, however, have to zone out and back in repeatedly to obtain enough spawns for the 11 kills. Note that the single triple-up swine cannot be caged, and the Swine Lord will not update the quest; the encounter must be the version with 2 or 3 linked swine.
- Dire creatures:
- Drakes (bestiary) and fae drakes (bestiary).
- Note that drakota will not update the quest, even if their name or appearence may indicate they would be drakes.
- The quest cannot be completed on the Fallen Gate server until the Echoes of Faydwer expansion is enabled.
- Examples include underwood fae drakes in Greater Faydark.
- Enchanted creatures:
- Mystical creatures:
- Manticores (bestiary), cockatrice (bestiary), abominations (bestiary), displacer beasts (bestiary), rust monsters (bestiary) and owlbears (bestiary).
- Examples include rustfiends on the Butcherblock Mountains beach, duststingers in the Commonlands and sattar abominations and thule sattar in the Feerrott.
Hints and tips
- To capture a monster, you need to be hated by the encounter, but you must not kill the encounter before you have used the cage.
- Many heroic encounters, raid encounters and non-attackable NPCs (such as the pigs in Windstalker Village) may not be caged. Some of these monsters may nevertheless display the quest icon (sack) on their names.
- If caging a low level monster, you may want to engage the encounter with your autoattack turned off (or not wielding weapons), with an ability that does not deal damage.
- The classification of animals to be caged is the same as used for the Beastlord and Channeler classes, so you may find the beastlord warders page and the channeler construct pages helpful. Similarly, the Guide to Beastlord Warders may be useful. Monsters can be searched by classification on the ZAM Bestiary.
|EQ2i credits this article at EQ2U for Information about the warders.|