|This page is in need of wikification.|
Please edit this page and make your mark on EQ2i!
|When the article is as complete as can be reasonably asked and properly formatted per our standards, please remove the |
|Journal Level||5 (Tier 1)|
|Starting Zone||see Starting the Quest below|
|How to Start||Speak to Steward Aelin ( 455, -21, 174 ) /waypoint 455, -21, 174 in South Qeynos or Steward Kres in Freeport|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
You can repeat the mission once per day. You may also delete the quest and wait approximately 10 minutes to be offered a new one.
The quest will ask you to capture 11 monsters, from one of the following categories. In brackets are some suggestions for monsters that should update the quest, but these are not meant to be an exhaustive list.
- Capture several amphibians in an empty familiar cage. (Turtles and frogs, such as far east island turtles in lower Moors, muck toads in The Peat Bog or sand tortoises in Outpost of the Overlord.)
- Capture several aquatic creatures in an empty familiar cage. (Crocodiles or crabs such as crabs in The Thundering Steppes.)
- Capture several bats in an empty familiar cage. (Some may be found in Darklight Wood.)
- Capture several bears in an empty familiar cage. (Briarpaws in Enchanted Lands, kodiaks in Antonica, glacier bears in Everfrost, bears in Outpost of the Overlord or bears in Oakmyst Forest should update the quest.)
- Capture several birds in an empty familiar cage. (Hawks, vulrich, falcons and ducks. Some birds may be found in Antonica, near the oracle tower.)
- Capture several boars in an empty familiar cage. (Pigs and boars will, but boarfiends will not update the quest. There are very few spawn locations for boars, so you may want to consider deleting the quest and requesting a new one in ten minutes. Alternatively, you can go to Nektropos Castle for swines (not the Swine Lord), and zone out and back in until you have 11.)
- Capture several bovids in an empty familiar cage. (Cows, deers, sheep and camels. Deers may be found in Commonlands or Enchanted Lands.)
- Capture several canines in an empty familiar cage. (Wolves and hyenas, such as timber wolves in Antonica.)
- Capture several cats in an empty familiar cage. (Lions, tigers, panthers, leopards and sabertooths, such as the Stelecats in POM or lions in Commonlands.)
- Capture several dire creatures in an empty familiar cage. (Raptors, dire bears, dire wolves, sasquatch or yeti, such as black wolves in Commonlands.)
- Capture several drakes in an empty familiar cage. (Genuine, non Drakota drakes, such as the ones found in Greater Faydark. The quest is not doable on the Fallen Gate server before Echoes of Faydwer.)
- Capture several enchanted creatures in an empty familiar cage. (Hellhounds, flying snakes and koalrat, such as blightrats in Rivervale, pond gliders at Crater Pond in Antonica or lashers in Enchanted Lands.)
- Capture several insects in an empty familiar cage. (Spiders, beetles, crawlers, wasps and scorpions, such as bixies on the Bixie Island in Tenebrous Tangle, bees in Outpost of the Overlord or beetles in Forest Ruins, Darklight Wood or Commonlands.)
- Capture several mystical creatures in an empty familiar cage. (Manticores, cockatrice, displacer beasts, rust beasts, owlbears, such as rust monsters on the Butcherblock Mountains beach or duststingers in Commonlands.)
- Capture several reptiles in an empty familiar cage. (Chokidai or lizards, such as lizards or monitors in The Peat Bog, Commonlands or Antonica.)
- Capture several rodents in an empty familiar cage. (Rats, armadillos, beavers or badgers, which may be found in Thieves Way, in Antonica near the Crater Pond, in Commonlands or The Peat Bog.)
- Capture several simians in an empty familiar cage. (Gorillas or monkeys, which may be found in Maj'Dul near the Court of Coin or in Mystic Lake.)
Hints and tips
- To capture a monster, you need to be hated by the encounter, but not kill the encounter.
- Heroic triple-up monsters or raid encounters may not be caged.
- If caging a low level monster, you may want to engage the encounter with your autoattack turned off (or not wielding weapons), with a debuff or taunt that does not deal damage.
- The classification of animals to be caged is the same as used for the Beastlord and Channeler classes, so you may find the beastlord warders page and the channeler construct pages helpful. Similarly, the Guide to Beastlord Warders may be useful. Monsters can be searched by classification on the ZAM Bestiary.
|EQ2i credits this article at EQ2U for Information about the warders.|