Layout[edit | edit source]
- Jump through the painting to fall down.
- Go to the north-east room and kill The Keeper of Dreams, then kill The Keeper of Nightmares in the south-west room.
- Go to the north room and use the crank next to the door to get inside.
- In this room are 4 golems. At 0% health they become invulnerable. One must click the scroll in the room that corresponds with the golem name in order to kill them.
- The blue Crystal of Dreams and the purple Crystal of Nightmares can be found on the pillars next to the Guardian of Eternity. Defeating the guardian is optional.
- Place the blue Crystal of Dreams on the star pedestal in the north-east room Lock of Dreams.
- Place the purple Crystal of Nightmares on the star pedestal in the south-west room Lock of Nightmare.
- This will unlock the door to the center room (Altar of the Dragonslayer), where Praetor of the Phylactery awaits.
Basic Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
This instance has pitfalls hidden all over the map, with mobs waiting susceptible players in the pits (high 70ish triple up). The pitfalls cannot be seen since (well sort of...they do tend to have a slightly different shade if you look carefully, but the edges may not be exactly where you see them) it looks just like regular floor (unless you keep your map or mini-map open).
There are four Named monsters in this zone. The "Keepers" have some minor tricks to their fights (one of them does a periodic mana-drain as you fight it, for instance), but they shouldn't be too hard to take down. After you have killed the Guardian of Eternity, two shards should appear in its room which are to be moved to the altar of dreams and altar of nightmares (the rooms for The Keeper of Dreams and The Keeper of Nightmares). This will unlock the door to the Praetor of the Phylactery.
Upon engaging the Praetor, it will spawn a few adds (coming from its left and right side). If the adds reach him, he heals 20%, so root them or otherwise engage them until the Named drops. The Praetor does have a leash point, so don't back too far off the main platform he stands upon.
Related Quests[edit | edit source]
- Safely-Kept Soul
- Exclusive Access
- The Call of Fear - Greenmist HQ
- The Heart of Treachery - Brigand Epic weapon
- The Search for Vel'Arek - Guardian Epic weapon
- The Broken Hand - Monk Epic weapon
- A Sleeping Stone: Dark Enlightenment - Mystic Epic weapon
- The Bones of Insanity - Necromancer Epic weapon
- Dingy Little Knick Knack... - Shadowknight Epic weapon
- In a Pirate's Wake - Swashbuckler Epic weapon