Mystic Epic Weapon Timeline
I hope I am not misusing the feature, but...This is the first time I have contributed, and it was simply to wikify the Mystic Epic Weapon Timeline. I would appreciate it if you would take a look at it. I have done as much as I can, but am unsure if it meets the standards. Thanks.--Steve M 14:58, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
- I think for your first time you've done a great job. Wiki markup, for all that people say it is easy, really isn't sometimes and you've done a good job getting things started. I'm going to go through and update a few things when I get a break from some work I'm doing and maybe the little updates I make will help you get a closer look at some of the changes you can learn about.--Kodia 16:39, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
Thank you. I look forward to seeing your changes and furthering my knowledge. I have used this resource so much and want to pay back a bit in return in any way I can. --Steve M 16:10, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
- I've mulled this over in my mind and as a result of your excellent work on this page, I'm opening a discussion on improving epic weapon write-ups. I'm doing this before making any formatting changes to the Mystic Epic Weapon Timeline, which I know you were hoping to see, and for that delay I apologize. I think the discussion needs to happen first. We'd love for you to take part in this discussion to help us flesh out a plan for improving all Epic Weapon timelines and make them all more consistent. Will you join in the discussion there please?--Kodia 17:48, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
Progressive Item Upgrade Solution
Please see Crest of D'Morte. I think the proposed solution for items that successively improve or otherwise change their stats throughout a quest arc is a good one. Unless anyone else has suggestions on how to improve upon this, I vote this is the way we handle it.--Kodia 13:54, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
- In case the page still needs a change i suggest that we seperate it into 3 articles and turn the article into a disambig page
- -- 13:32, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Depends. Does the item # change as you go along? If so, then separate articles. If the item # remains the same, then I'd say keep it on one. --lordebon 14:54, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not 100% sure, but i think you need to use item 1 to get item 2 and item 2 get's destroyed in the batte but you find item 3
- So i think, it's not the same item all the time it's a new one each time.
- Ill Will got sperated too because they are different items (stats change) with the same name.
- -- 15:37, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
Sokokar Timeline Question
Per the Sokokar Timeline page, the following Admin Needed message was left:
- Should these quests be considered a separate timeline (or a sub-timeline) from within the main Kylong Plains timeline, or should they be reformatted to be part of the Kylong Plains timeline?.
At present, our normal course of action is to keep quests with their timeline. The Sokokar "timeline" isn't really such a beast. It is an either/or *series* within the Kylong Plains quest timelines. However, with SOE moving to a "quest hub" distribution in a particular zone (where there are certain quest lines, not all of which follow each other like they do in Antonica or Commonlands) the point is a valid one. Do we leave the quest timelines as is, and change Sokokar to reflect the Kylong Plains timeline? Or do we begin a new adventure in editing and start "quest series" listings to assist people through longer progressions of quests? Some longer quest progressions already have their own timelines, so there is precedence for a non-zone timeline. However, at what point does a "timeline" progression, become significant? Comments please. --Kodia 17:04, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
default race images
Race:ogre image is still tagged as soga though I've uploaded a new one - and I can't work out how to get rid of the tag!--Blin 14:03, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- you just edit the page, just like every other page on the wiki, and take out the soga template thing. --Uberfuzzy 14:11, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
New Halas City Tasks Timeline
I am trying to update the wiki with the new halas zone, starting with the city tasks. I do not know how to link the city timeline page for new halas to the main city task page, so I hope you can take care of that.
Can you please add the http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/New_Halas_City_Tasks_Timeline to this page http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:City_Tasks_Quests
Ladyannabell 07:58, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
- i added 2 categories to your new halas timeline page, Timelines and City Tasks Quests. i also added the links to the timeline to the category page --Vraeth 08:37, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Strikethrough and AE Autoattack Chance needs to be added for Velious items.
- Got some items (screenshots, or game links if you can) that have these on them, so we can put the stats in the right place? --Uberfuzzy 10:44, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
Equipment Template Update Needed?
- fixed the parameter is called wskill, the bug was it was there twice so it didn't show up. -- 23:00, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
By Hook or by...
This page: 'http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/By_Hook_or_By...' is not correct. I tried to rename it to 'By Hook or by...' but that page already exists and redirects you to the incorrect page. Also there is a third page out there listed as 'By Hook or by' thanks The Mac
- Fixed, thanks for the heads up. I've left the other two as redirects, anyone that hits them will automatically be redirected to the properly-capitalized page. --lordebon 21:53, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
Zone Rename Requests tagged as Admin Needed
A brief look through Category:Zone Rename Requests shows at least one request from 2010 and two from 2011. Since the Zone Rename tamplate says that zone rename edits are automated, could the bot owner/admin get into this? 126.96.36.199 11:36, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Uberfuzzy is the Admin with the zone rename script, I'll give him a poke and see if he can get the zone renames caught up. I know for sure they've been done more recently than 2010, some of the older ones might have missing confirmation or something at the time or had some other reason they weren't done. --lordebon (talk) 18:23, April 21, 2013 (UTC)