Pets may refer to a variety of creatures in game with extremely limited purposes:
- Fluff Pets are creatures that follow you around in game but otherwise have no effective purpose.
- House Pets are creatures that can only be placed in your home.
- Arena Pets are creatures that can only be placed in your home or used as champions during Arena combat.
- Deity Pets are creatures of the Gods that provide you with boosts to your abilities while you have them following you, but do not assist you in combat in any other way.
Pets may also refer to a variety of class-specific Summoned Pets or enslaved pets including:
- those summoned pets seen with Conjurors, Necromancers, and Illusionists who are the traditional "pet classes."
- those spells or AAs that result in a pet for classes not traditionally considered true pet classes, such as the Templar's Unswerving Hammer or the Shaman's Summoned Spirit Companion.
- Swarm and dumbfire (one-use) combat pets such as the Wizard's Protoflame or the Warlock's Netherlord.
- in-game monsters suitable for enslavement by Coercers. (Necromancers can also enslave monsters but only undead ones)
Note: Mounts can be considered pets of limited usefulness, providing only a runspeed buff to the players lucky enough to own them, but for the purposes of categorization at EQ2i they are listed as an equipment type.
All items (7)