for the house item, Chaos Descending (House Item)
- Face the trials of the Elemental Planes with all new adventure, tradeskill, and public quests!
- Get ahead with new achievements, collections, and more.
- Conquer all new Solo, Heroic and Raid challenges, including a new contested Raid Dungeon!
- Mount Gear – Mounts can now be equipped with gear to bolster their rider’s power!
- Mount Levels – For the first time your mounts can now level! They can level to 10.
- Ascension Levels – Ascend 5 levels to 20. (6 Spells, 3 replacement for old spells and 3 new ones, see Elementalist, Etherealist, Geomancer and Thaumaturgist for more info)
- Mercenary Levels – Gain another 10 levels, for a maximum of 20!
- Signature quest line will reward with a 1h weapon,2h weapon, shield or symbol and the epic 2.0 spells
- Killing all the named in every heroic zone grants the Celestial Rune of Mysteries Adornment that gives 55.0 Fervor. That means "any" weapon is a upgrade to the epic 2.0
- Completing all Chaos Descending Public Quests rewards with Lorebringer or Lorebringer's Gavel
All mobs have a potency mitigation, that means they "ignore" at roughly 40.000 potency. T1 Heroic mitigate roughly 50k potency and T2 Heroics mitigate roughly 60k potency.
Means there is a "huge" boost in your dps when you get from 50k to 55k potency in T1 heroic zones => it roughly doubles your dps.
Chaos Descending heroic and raid boss encounter Resolve values are shown below. The non-named encounters will have 10 less resolve then the bosses. For every point that you under this minimum Resolve value, you take more damage and your DPS decreases by 1%.
Note: As of the March 25, 2019 update, Resolve requirements for Chaos Descending content were lowered. Information about the old Resolve requirements has been moved to the Talk page. The new requirements were posted by Caith in Discord.
- Solo encounters have no resolve requirements
- Heroic Tier 1: 1050
- Heroic Tier 2: 1260
- Raid Tier 1: 1310
- Raid Tier 2: 1610
- Expert Heroic T1: 1620
- Raid Tier 1 Mythic: 1725
- Raid Tier 3: 1790
- Expert Heroic T2: 1910
- Raid Tier 2 Mythic: 2032
- Raid Tier 4: 2112
- Raid Tier 3 Mythic: 2273
- Raid Tier 4 Mythic: 2395
- Fabled Kael Drakkel Resolve Values
- 1575 – T1 trash
- 1625 – T1 named
- 1750 – T2 trash
- 1910 – T2 named & x2
- 2395 – x4
Gearing Up To Meet Resolve Requirements
- Solo overland collection rewards have 40 Resolve per piece.
- Solo instance collection rewards have 50 Resolve per piece.
- Mastercrafted gear has 60 Resolve per piece. If you are fully kitted out in Mastercrafted gear, that's 21 pieces × 60 Resolve = 1260 Resolve.
- Convention of Elements [Heroic] - Collect all Heroic mounts to get the mount Czernobog, Goliath of Chaos that gives 7k potency and 60 resolve
- Chaos Descending Armor Patterns - A guide to the available armor patterns
- nameds have 6-7 bil hp and 28,775 combat mit
- trash mobs have 800 mil-1 bil hp and 24,456 combat mit
- Epic 3x in PQ overland has 3.8bil hp and no listed combat mit
- T1 Heroic, Event Heroic and Fabled Runnyeye T1
- trash has 40 bil hp 35,329 combat mit
- named has 650 bil hp 43-45k combat mit
- T2 Heroic and Event Heroic and Fabled Runnyeye T2
- trash in t2 runnyeye has 58 bil hp and 42,780 combat mit (wasn't adjusted like other t2 heroics)
- trash has 58 bil hp and 42,780 (new:31,969) combat mit
- named in t2 runnyeye has 804bil hp and 58,311 combat mit (not confirmed but presumed based off the trash being unchanged)
- named has 804 bil hp and 58,311 (new:37,152) combat mit
- Castle Mischief Raid
- trash has 806 bil hp and 41,939 combat mit
- T1 Raid Named
- named has 37.5 trillion hp
- T4 mythical fenin ro
- named has 55 tril hp 67k combat mit
- Deep Chelsith Heroic
- trash has 39bil hp 30k combat mit
- named has 639 bil hp 45,500 combat mit
- 2x raid named 4 tril hp ? combat mit
- Myrist, the Great Library - Signature quests, Tradeskill quests and various others start in this zone. The zone is also the hub the access all the instances of the expansion
- Note: You must be at least level 100 in an adventure or tradeskill class to enter Myrist, the Great Library.
- Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind
- Detroxxulous, the Plaguelands
- Doomfire, the Burning Lands
- Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands
- Awuidor: Marr's Ascent [Solo]
- Awuidor: The Nebulous Deep [Solo]
- Awuidor: The Veiled Precipice [Solo]
- Doomfire: Elements of Rage [Solo]
- Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Solo]
- Doomfire: Vengeance of Ro [Solo]
- Eryslai: The Bixel Hive [Solo]
- Eryslai: The Midnight Aerie [Solo]
- Eryslai: Trials of Air [Solo]
- Vegarlson: Council's Stronghold [Solo]
- Vegarlson: Ruins of Rathe [Solo]
- Vegarlson: The Terrene Rift [Solo]
- Awuidor: Marr's Ascent [Heroic]
- Awuidor: The Nebulous Deep [Heroic]
- Doomfire: Elements of Rage [Heroic]
- Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Heroic]
- Doomfire: Vengeance of Ro [Heroic]
- Eryslai: The Bixel Hive [Heroic]
- Eryslai: The Midnight Aerie [Heroic]
- Eryslai: Trials of Air [Heroic]
- Vegarlson: Council's Stronghold [Heroic]
- Vegarlson: Ruins of Rathe [Heroic]
- Vegarlson: The Terrene Rift [Heroic]
Event Heroic Instances
- Awuidor: The Veiled Precipice [Event Heroic]
- Doomfire: Vengeance of Ro [Event Heroic]
- Eryslai: Trials of Air [Event Heroic]
- Vegarlson: The Terrene Rift [Event Heroic]
- There are over 30 unique bosses in Chaos Descending. This is NOT counting the Mythic versions.
- Normal versus Mythic Zones
- Each zone (with few exception) will have a normal version and a mythic version. Mythic versions are not "Challenge Modes" though they are more difficult than the normal version. For example a challenge version of the first boss in the easiest zone will not be more difficult than a later tier normal boss. Loot will drop accordingly. The first challenge boss will likely not have better loot than a later tier normal encounter. It is encouraged for folks to do both regardless of skill level. Mythic zones are a separate zone completely from the normal version with its own lockout. This does mean that you can do both.
- Lockouts are changing fairly significantly with Chaos Descending. Normal versions of zones will have a longer lockout where the mythic versions will have shorter lockouts. The reasoning for this is two-fold... More casual or roleplay style guilds like to work on the zones for longer to get as far as they possibly can before having to reset. The normal version zones are set longer for this reason. The other reason is the more hard core raid forces like to be able to reset zones quickly and rerun them. The mythic zones are set shorter for this reason.
- As opposed to last year’s progression unlocking, this year we will be leaving things a lot more accessible. The majority of raid content will be easily unlocked but the later tier 4 encounters will be a little more complicated to unlock. All zones will be setup so that only one player in raid needs to have access in order to zone the entire raid into the zone. Bosses will not punish players fighting in encounters if they do not have the previous encounters defeated. The unlocks will also remain account wide. So when one of your characters unlocks a new raid zone it will unlock for all your characters on that account.
- There are more tiers this go round but mostly just in loot. There are technically 4 tiers but each also has a mythic version with higher requirements for stats etc. The mechanics in general might not be different but they should be a lot more dialed in so timing matters, failure conditions will be more strict, etc.
These zones will be included in Chaos Descending at launch:
|Some of the information in this article is disputed. Please verify the following information in game:|
Verify of the zone names needed !
- Doomfire: The Molten Caldera [Raid]
- Doomfire: The Molten Caldera [Mythic Raid]
- Eryslai: The Empyrean Steppes [Raid]
- Eryslai: The Empyrean Steppes [Mythic Raid]
- Vegarlson: Upheaval [Raid]
- Vegarlson: Upheaval [Mythic Raid]
- Awuidor: The Adumbral Depths [Contested Raid]
- Awuidor: Reef of Coirnav [Raid]
- Plane of Justice: Scales of Justice [Raid]
- Plane of Justice: Scales of Justice [Mythic Raid]
- Doomfire: The Broken Throne [Raid]
- Doomfire: The Broken Throne [Mythic Raid]
- Eryslai: The Aether Vale [Raid]
- Eryslai: The Aether Vale [Mythic Raid]
- Vegarlson: Sepulcher of the Twelve [Raid]
The Prelude quests can be done till the Expansion goes live! They reward with an ancient spell of your choice!
All items (53)