Arena Pets are creature or animal house items that can also be used in conjunction with a guild amenity.
- Though they are similar to house pets, their interactive menu is not as robust as regular house pets.
- To tell them apart from house pets, R click to open the examine window; the descriptions for arena pets will always refer to them as "...this champion".
- At one time these were purchased in Maj'Dul, but they have been moved to the loyalty merchant, Noble Taig Rhul.
Use with the Creature Conjurer
- If your guild has the Creature Conjurer Guild Hall Amenity and you own at least one, the conjurer will summon them for practice battles.
- To do so, you must have a pet in your inventory, personal bank, or shared bank. If in a shared bank, all characters on the account can have that pet conjured
- You gain no xp for these fights but can die a real death (with debt); however, the kills might count toward Lore and Legend quests auto-updates for (body) parts.
Why They are Called Arena Pets
- During the early years of EQ2, players were able to meet in the Arena to engage in basic PvP (Player vs Player) combat.
- Arena Pets were creatures that a player could incarnate or "possess" to fight at matches within the Arena. To incarnate such a pet, a player needed to own the item corresponding to that pet.
- The Battlegrounds were later added to offer easy access to PvP, making the Arena moot. The Arena was removed from the game around the time Freeport was revamped (LU62).