Arena Pets are creature or animal house items that can also be used in conjunction with a guild amenity.
- Though they are similar to house pets, their interactive menu is not as robust as regular house pets.
- To tell them apart from house pets, R click to open the examine window; the descriptions for arena pets will always refer to them as "...this champion".
- At one time these were purchased in Maj'Dul, but they have been moved to the loyalty merchant, Noble Taig Rhul.
Use with the Creature Conjurer
- If your guild has the Creature Conjurer Guild Hall Amenity and you own at least one, the conjurer will summon them for practice battles.
- To do so, you must have a pet in your inventory, personal bank, or shared bank. If in a shared bank, all characters on the account can have that pet conjured
- You gain no xp for these fights but can die a real death (with debt); however, the kills might count toward Lore and Legend quests auto-updates for (body) parts.
Why They are Called Arena Pets
- During the early years of EQ2, players were able to meet in the Arena to engage in basic PvP (Player vs Player) combat.
- Arena Pets were creatures that a player could incarnate or "possess" to fight at matches within the Arena. To incarnate such a pet, a player needed to own the item corresponding to that pet.
- The Battlegrounds were later added to offer easy access to PvP, making the Arena moot. The Arena was removed from the game around the time Freeport was revamped (LU62).
All items (28)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.