Alchemists create drinks or drafts called potions that have medicinal or magical powers. Within each crafting tier, there are 4 basic types of crafted potions: Reprieves, Remedies, Elixirs, and Essences. Each usually comes in two qualities, 'Handcrafted' (using common materials) and 'Mastercrafted' (rare), but not all tiers have both kinds available for each and every potion. A few potions are available only in rare form and some only at a specific tier. The higher the tier, the more potions are available.
- Elixirs are potions that temporarily increase your abilities by a set amount for a set period of time. For example, an Elixir of Transcendence increases your maximum power for a set period of time. You have access to that maximum amount of power until that time runs out. Using elixirs, you can increase your maximum power and health; your intelligence, wisdom, strength, and agility; your ability to produce criticial melee and ranged hits; your ability to cause magical damage over time; and your ability to perform a critical heal and cause critical damage.
- Remedies are potions that dispel damage that has already started its effects on you. In addition to the influences against which you can ward, remedies allow you to dispel damage from crushing, slashing, and piercing.
- Essences are potions that temporarily increase power and health abilities by a set amount until they are used up. For example, an Essence of Power gives you a set amount of power to use up. Once that amount is gone, you have to consume more to get more power back.
- Reprieves are potions that temporarily keep damage from happening in the first place. You can use reprieves to ward against disease, poison, heat, cold, magic, mental, and divine influences. You can also ward against root, fear, stifle, and stun effects using special Freedom of Action and Freedom of Mind potions.
The following table provides a summary of the general types of potions available.
|Vial Color||Type||Name||Craft Tier||Description|
|Elixir of Constitution||3-7||+max health|
|Elixir of Thorns||7-8||damage shield|
|Elixir of Transcendence||3-7||+max power|
|Elixir of Deftness||5-7||+AGI|
|Elixir of Fortitude||5-7||+STR|
|Elixir of Piety||5-7||+WIS|
|Elixir of Intellect||5-7||+INT|
|Elixir of Second Sight||7-8 (rare only)||increase heal crit and damage spell crit chance (4% chance)|
|Elixir of Tactics||7-8 (rare only)||increase melee and ranged crit chance (4% chance)|
|Arcane Remedy||1-7||cure arcane|
|Noxious Remedy||1-7||cure poison/disease|
|Trauma Remedy||2-7||cure trauma (crushing, piercing, slashing)|
|Elemental Remedy||1-7||cure elemental|
|Essence of Health||2-7||instant heal|
|Essence of Power||2-7||instant power|
|Essence of Regeneration||3-7||heal over time|
|Essence of Clarity||3-7||power over time|
|Elemental Reprieve||6-7||cold/heat ward|
|Noxious Reprieve||6-7||poison/disease ward|
|Arcane Reprieve||6-7||magic/mental/divine ward|
|Freedom of Action||4, 7||10-second immunity to fear and root|
|Freedom of Mind||4, 7||10-second immunity to stifle and stun|
All items (11)
- Superb Elixir of Constitution
- Superb Elixir of Transcendence
- Workman's Elixir of Constitution