For an alphabetic listing of articles related to this topic, see Category:Brew Day.
Brew Day is an annual event that tips a hat and a frosty beer stein to Brell Serilis. The in-game festivities start around the beginning of March and run until (or just beyond) the real-world holiday known as St. Patrick's Day. It made its first appearance in 2006.
To check the exact dates, log into the game and click the EQ2 button in the bottom right of your screen and choose Calendar from the list of options that opens. Keep in mind that the start date and end of (most) events is midnight PST, due to the location of the main office of Daybreak.
Check your in-game mail for the announcement and clues about where to go to enjoy this event. See the event announcement at the end of the page if you accidentally delete that mail.
Note: There is a Brew Day/Walk Through page that helps you do these quests with less fussy traveling. Some quests get harder as you get drunker, it's advisable to read up first.
Canceling Drunk Effects
Many of the quests require your character to consume alcoholic drinks that cause a screen blur that is supposed to mimic drunkenness; for some players this presents a problem as it can cause headaches.
- To cancel the drunk effects please see Getting Sober.
- Note: The more you drink and gain "skill" in this, the greater your character's alcohol tolerance.
New This Year
- This section highlights new content added most recently. Please move any info into the main article below when/if newer content is live each year.
This event will be active March 5, 2021 at 12:01AM PST through March 18, 2021 at 11:59PM PST.
- Quests, NPCs, etc. will only be available during this time frame.
- Like most other annual live events it will automatically start and end without server downtime. NPCs and special locations will simply appear.
8 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell along with Digret selling the returning merchant items to purchase from previous years!
Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XII sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell
Entire event active!
Bar of Brell Event Hub
The Bar of Brell is the main quest-hub for Brew Day events, and can be accessed during the festivities from the following locations:
- Timorous Deep - on the Docks, just past the Griffin at ( 2362, 7, 1384 ) /waypoint 2362, 7, 1384
- Antonica - near the North Qeynos Gate at ( 66, -20, 0 ) /waypoint 66, -20, -0
- The Commonlands - by the Freeport gates at ( -1219, -82, 52 ) /waypoint -1219, -82, 52
- Greater Faydark - at the stable near Green Knoll at ( 569, 44, 41 ) /waypoint 569, 44, 41
- New Halas - in the center of the main village at ( -68, 148, -34 ) /waypoint -68, 148, -34
- Balin Copperfoot sells items in exchange for both the holiday currency and standard coin. He can be found inside the Bar of Brell near the bear dispensing clockwork.
- Digret Runebrad sells items from previous years in exchange for both the holiday currency and standard coin. She can be found inside the Bar of Brell near the door.
- Some items may require the completion of the holiday achievements as an "unlock" before you can buy them from Balin or Digret.
- See the Brew Day Merchant Items page for a list of items sold by Balin and Digret!
Currency and Special Crafting Materials
To check the amount of event currency you have on hand, press C to open the Character window and click on the Currency tab.
- Beer Tokens are a event currency that can be used to buy items from Balin Copperfoot. This currency is not no-trade or hierloom, so check the broker if you run low or sell your extras for shiny standard currency (gold, plat, etc).
- Tips and Tricks to Obtain Beer Tokens
- The quest, Drinks Are On The House! can be repeated every 2 hours and you can choose 5 tokens as one of the rewards.
- The Brewday Beer Guardin': Butcherblock race is an unlimited repeatable quest and can be used to gain many tokens in a rather brief time.
- The special crafting materials require completion of the Ale Goggles quest. For more tips on the materials see the Recipe section below.
- Note: players with All Access (paid) accounts get double alternative currency, which includes special currency for events like this.
No matter which tradeskill you begin or master, any crafter can make the items in the recipe books.
- See the Brew Day Merchant Items for a list of recipes.
- You will also need a variety of harvestables from Bountiful Brewday Garden bushes in specific zones that you can only gather during the event. See the 'Special Crafting Materials section below for more details.
- Unlike Frostfell, which requires special crafting stations, you can make these items all year if you stock up holiday themed materials.
- Like most holiday-themed live events, the recipes are primarily items for use in player housing.
Special Crafting Materials
In order to craft items from the holiday-themed recipes, you must gather materials from Bountiful Brewday Garden, a shrub with a green particle effect.
- The Bountiful Brewday Garden shrubs are found randomly throughout zones (and along riverbanks) where you enter/exit the Bar of Brell. See the Event Hub and Merchant section above for locations.
- Unlike other special seasonal materials, you can only see the Bountiful Brewday Garden shrubs if you complete the quest and equip the Improved Ale Goggles.
- The harvests from these nodes are tradeable, so check the broker if you need to stock up.
- If you have completed the Gathering Obsession Timeline and have the Artisan's Fully Trained Pack Pony, it can be sent out to get the holiday-themed materials for you too.
Brew Day Event Tracker
Here are two versions of a Printable Brewday Event Tracker that you can use to keep your characters accomplishments organized.
Brew Day Walkthroughs
- For those seeking an easy start-to-finish pattern to complete 6-7 quests and the only achievement, see the Brew Day/Walk Through.
- For a pattern doing only the repeatable quests, see Brew Day/Repeatable Guide (Evac recommended)
The vast majority of quests are picked up inside the Bar of Brell.
- All quests are repeatable once per year, unless otherwise noted with (NR).
- Ale Goggles - from Gilin Rockbreath in the Bar of Brell.
- Ale in a Day's Work - from Buzzed in the Bar of Brell.
- Beers for Brell! - from Avatar of Below found around ( -158, -17, 174 ) /waypoint -158.28, -17.04, 173.54 in Antonica.
- Brell's Everlasting Brew from Rasel Alechaser (fun fact: this was the original quest that introduced the event in 2006).
- Black Swill for Blackswell - Speak to Tellar Blackswell in the Bar of Brell. (NR)
- Pressed into the Brewcrew - from Captain Gimdahr next to the Dead River Docks in The Thundering Steppes.
- Snoogle's Presentation - Speak to Snoogle Blitzed in the Bar of Brell.
- Thurgadin Ice Brew - from Oldar Foambeard.
- What is That Noise?! from the bartender in the Bar of Brell.
The following are repeatable multiple times while the event is live.
- Bog Mountain's Eruption - from Maisy Sweetbread in Enchanted Lands near the docks ( 36, -1, 19 ) /waypoint 36, -1, 19 - repeatable every 18 hours.
- Drinks Are On The House! - repeatable every two hours.
Races (Unlimited Repeatable)
- Brewday Beer Guardin': Butcherblock - the racetrack is found on the beach, not at the top of the ramp!
- Offered: Steinmaster Borric, a cleric of Serilis in the Bar of Brell
- Altar Addition - Grikbar Prayer Necklace
- Altar Addition - Umbrite Icon of Brell
- Altar Addition - Deep Muse Prayers
- Altar Addition: Sabertooth Runic Totem
- Altar Addition - Terrok Chant Stone
- Collections can only be completed once per character.
- As with many other event collections, specific shinies are found in specific locations so see the actual collection pages for hints or outright locations to check.
- Brews Across Norrath - the original collection for Brewday
- Locate purple "shinies," most of which can be found in various bars all around Norrath.
- More Brews is Good News - added in 2016
- Brewday Bar Bites
- Brews Across Norrath - the original collection for Brewday
- the Lush - a suffix title is available if you complete the achievement The Great Brewday Pub Crawl.
- the Bouncer - a prefix title when you complete Brewday Beer Guardin': Butcherblock 5 times.
- Can't Hold Their Liquor - knock over 110 goblins when you compete in the holiday themed races in Butcherblock
- Drunk Level: Dwarf - complete various annual quests
- Festive Furniture - craft all of the themed furniture from the holiday themed recipe books
- Pub N' Suds - craft all of the food/drink house items from the holiday themed recipe books
- The Great Brewday Pub Crawl - visit numerous bars around Norrath and "drink" several beers sold by NPCs
Rewards and Merchant Items
- You can see any any equippable item, pets, and house items while in-game before you buy them or chose them as a quest reward by holding down CTRL and left-clicking on the item icons.
- For the full list of items you can purchase using Beer Tokens, see the Brew Day Merchant Items page.
Brew Day now offers far too many items to provide a full list, but some popular and returning items (as examples) include:
- Green Field Square - a house item that looks like a square patch of grass for 1g 20s
- Green Stained Glass Square - a house item that looks like other building blocks with a stained-glass texture for 1g 20s
- Barrel Room Door - a door that can be used in player housing
- Petamorph Wand: Animated Hops - an unlimited spell that can be used to change the look combat pets (Petamorph wands don't work on "fluff" pets. Your character must be a 'pet class' to use it)
- Pot of Wake-up Juice - 10 charges of a non-stat drink that can be used to remove the blurry screen effect caused by any alcohol consumed by your character.
- Wild Boar - a spell to summon a "fluff pet" that will follow you around.
- Cutting a Rug - a rug that causes anyone standing on it to dance for 15 Beer Tokens. Two human "plushies" can be placed in a house or guild hall to look like drunken revelers who've had a bit more than they can handle.
Each year players get an in-game mail announcing the return of Brew Day to Norrath.
- "Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Use the magical keg we've opened near yer city to enter the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. I invite ya in to grab a stein of ale while The Burglars entertain. While yer here, maybe ye'll help me figure out what's causin' all that ruckus below the bar. If not, well, ye'll also find items to craft, adventures and rewards both new and familiar! Course there's plenty of activity outside the bar, too. There's news of goblins stirrin' trouble in Butcherblock Mountains and the Enchanted Lands! And if'n ya find yerself crawling through other bars and drinking holes be sure to keep yer eyes peeled for special items of interest to collect!
- Mraugl Stonecrusher
- The Bar of Brell's Head Bartender"