|Journal Category||World Event|
|Journal Level||Scales with player level|
|Starting Zone||Bar of Brell more|
|How to Start||Speak with Rasel Alechaser in the bar.|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
This quest is part of the annual Brew Day celebration.
Note: Use the Collection harvesting skill to collect the pure water. The node will NOT always be exactly at the location given below, but WILL be in the pond! Actually, ANY water in the zone that has fish in it will have nodes of pure water, but the locations below are confirmed.
Journey through Norrath to find all the ingredients for Brell's Everlasting Brew.
Gather the Ingredients
- In the The Thundering Steppes, at Thundermist Village, find a farmer named Prew Drowers ( 548, 0, -69 ) /waypoint 548, 0, -69 and try to take some of his hops.
- Distract him and steal his hops by double-clicking on Betsy, at ( 594, -1, -60 ) /waypoint 594, -1, -60 to tip her over.
- Prew will run out to check on her at which point you can run in and steal the hops.
- Note: You have to wait till at least 4pm Norrath time for Betsy to be tippable. (Cow tipping wouldn't be much fun during the day now would it?). This seems to have been disabled now - I managed to tip Betsy at 11am Norath time. You must also be facing one of her sides for her to tip over.
- Return to the bar of brell and enter the private lounge (top of the stairs, first door on the right) in the Bar of Brell.
- Speak to Jimmy Runner and convince him to give you some of his top quality barley.
- Speak with the bartender in the private lounge for help. He tells you to be sure to sober Jimmy up, then buy him drinks.
IMPORTANT!!! In 2013 the method to deal with Jimmy changed to be randomized each time you accept this quest. Here is the new method we suggest using, courtesy of Lodrelhai on the official forums.
- Dwarven Ales until he gets "surly". This is usually denoted by an aggressive message such as "I ain't giving ya mah barley... Get outta 'ere before I shend ya packin'!!"
Note: Count how many dwarven ales this takes, it may be different each time and is important! It is possible to get Jimmy to the final "glow" state just by giving him Dwarven Ales in this part, but not as likely.
- Dwarven Ales, serving one less than the previous time.
- Gnomish Spirits until he glows.
- Once you have completed the correct sequence, Jimmy will be surrounded by a green glow, meaning he is ready to talk to you.
- Hail Jimmy and he should be in a more talkative mood.
- Gather a flask of pure water from any body of water in each of the following zones:Antonica, The Thundering Steppes, Nektulos Forest, and the The Commonlands.
- This is gathered by harvesting a blue fountain-like node in the water (you might need to dive to get to it).
- Any body of water works, including lakes, streams, rivers, and seas.
- Return to Rasel and receive a Prayer to Brell.
Praying to Brell
- Read the Prayer to Brell to zone into the Sanctorium of Brell instance.
- Double- or right click the second stein from the right: A Wooden Stein. This is a very old, and slightly dirty wooden stein. The handle is simple iron. The construction is quite crude.
- If you choose poorly, you die and revive back at the bar and must hail Rasel again to get a new copy of the prayer. Read the prayer again to go back (there's no lockout timer).
- Return to Rasel
(After you turn the quest in, you may get Drunk, which will blur up your screen. This can be cured by dying by anything)
One of the following:
- Keg of the Everlasting
- Brew Day Cloak (added 2008)
- Charging Bull Rush x5 (added 2009)
- Brewday tapestry (added 2010)
- Boarfiend Snout Stout x5 (added 2011)
- Betsy Plushie (added 2012)
- Stonebrunt Brell Totem (added 2013)
|EQ2i credits this article at EQ2 ZAM for some of the info in this article.|
|This article refers to events, personae and activities only present in-game during the annual Brew Day celebration, which comes to Norrath each year the week of March 17th.|