The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Journal Category||Sinking Sands (AA)|
|Journal Level||47 (Tier 5)|
|Starting Zone||The Sinking Sands more|
|How to Start||Talk to Xilla Beetlebinder, who is found on the beach path, just before it reaches the desert. ( -920, -140, -340 ) /waypoint -920, -140, -340|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
This is part 1 of 8 in the Beetle Herding series in the Sinking Sands Timeline.
All of the quests in this series work the same way:
- Xilla gives you A Bug Zapper.
- When the bug zapper is in your inventory, any a skittish scarab that you approach will automatically herd toward the tarantula field ( -893, -88, -710 ) /waypoint -892.88, -87.78, -709.96. Tarantulas kill scarabs on sight, with a huge aggro radius.
- Herd a skittish scarab to its death.
- You must stay fairly close to the scarab, to keep it moving toward the tarantula field.
- Skittish scarabs spawn throughout the flat area north of Xilla (between her and the chimney). You can spot them from a distance because they fly non-stop.
- There are a max of 4 skittish scarabs. If no one has been hunting them when you come along, all 4 will be up. They do NOT share spawn points with the normal dune scarabs.
- Retrieve the dead scarab's carapace. You have to stay almost next to the scarab to get the carapace.
- When a tarantula kills a skittish scarab that you herded, a carapace will appear on the ground. Right-click the carapace to pick it up.
- Note: You can pickup carapaces from a long distance away. There is no need to be attacked by tarantulas. They normally walk away after killing a scarab.
- Return to Xilla to receive your reward.
- At least 2g 99s 47c
- Purchase the following from Xilla for 1c:
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.