- For full event details, including egg images, see the main article Beast'r Eggstravaganza
This guide is intended to provide detailed ways to locate and capture pet eggs during the Beast'r Eggstravaganza. The live event, which occurs in late-to-mid April is very short, so those who are inclined to collect character Achievements (and titles), fluff pets or house items may find it hard to run all of your characters through the event and collect the eggs.
It can be quite fun to accidentally discover the eggs, so if this you've not tired to hunt them without the help, try it first. If you don't like spoilers, skip this guide!
About Egg SpawnsEdit
This guide explains where the eggs may appear at any given time in each zone, but several factors effect them.
- The type of egg that appears is random, so none of these locations will produce a specific egg; likewise, you can capture the same eggs many times in a row.
- If the area you are hunting eggs in is busy with other egg hunters, you may get to a location and find nothing, as other players can also find the same eggs you are looking for before you arrive.
- The eggs move and despawn, so when you see it, grab it quickly or it may vanish.
- The timer on these to respawn is not clear; however, there does seem to be a gap at times when no eggs appear, so they may also be on a timer by the number of eggs.
- Unlike the collectible shinies, the eggs to collect as pets are identical in all locations, so players can pick one city and master its locations.
Egg Hunting StrategiesEdit
Location, Location, LocationEdit
Head to the zone of your choice and use the descriptions or /loc command (provided below) to visit the areas the eggs may be; you may get lucky and grab a few on this tour, then ask a guard to mark the active eggs on the map. If you have a sense of where to go, it can make travel to collect the eggs much faster, reducing the chance they will move or despawn before you arrive at the marked map location.
Ask a GuardEdit
Epic guards will provide players with egg locations. Locate a guard that is on patrol or near a key location (e.g. near entrance gates), R click them and select the "Find NPC" option. When the window opens, type the term "Beast". A way point is created on the map, but this can produce mixed results, since it can point you toward the vendors or the activated pets of other players.
- Special thanks to Mama Nami of EQ2 Traders for the tip about egg pets showing up when asking for guard help!
Beast'r Egg Capture LocationsEdit
Below you will find both location coordinates you can type in the chat window (use /loc and add the coordinates) and a description of the location. The description may be preferable if you'd rather engage in a more casual type of discovery while you explore or adventure.
This guide may not have all locations. If you've found a new location, please type /loc command (by itself) in chat, while in game to gather the location's coordinates. Add that information and a brief visual or related location description in the appropriate section below.
Like Freeport and the Qeynos Provence, this zone is fairly easy for egg location and capture. Its major advantage is the wide open space an smattering of guards to help point you to active eggs. This zone is extremely factional, so your alignment will matter. If your character is aligned with Freeport, Neriak, or Gorowyn, look for guard help on the roads (they ride mounts), at the zone-in gates, and near the larger bridges.
- ( 639, -52, -270 ) /waypoint 639, -52, -270 near Shadow Grove and Funnelweb Depths the trees trunks with spider eggs
- ( 472, -42, -90 ) /waypoint 472, -42, -90 between Nightshadow Rise and Shadow Grove, just off the road by the bears
- ( -139, -39, 228 ) /waypoint -139, -38.70, 228 on the Warpfont Spire
- ( 249, -20, -47 ) /waypoint 249, -20, -47 in the woods, right behind the Wanderlust Fair
- ( -275, -53, 114 ) /waypoint -275, -53, 114 near the Wellspring Denmother in the cave, SE of the Lower Tendril River
- ( 68, -36, -211 ) /waypoint 68, -36, -211 in Nerian Highlands inside the mushroom cluster with the all of the Sullian faries
- ( 76, -65, 84 ) /waypoint 76, -65, 84 down in the Sableflame Crater
- [information needed]
One of the busier zones, this city is easy to hunt eggs in, provided there are not several other people competing for eggs. You must be aligned to Freeport, Neriak, or Gorowyn to get help from the guards.
- ( -62, -38, 32 ) /waypoint -62, -38, 32 very near the a Beast'r Eggschanger and celebrants, inside the back of the The Emporium (furniture shop) where the adornmening NPCs and alchemist stands
- ( -125, -46, -54 ) /waypoint -125, -46, -54 behind the celebrants, inside Gorowyn Chancery (where you can change citizenship)
- ( -22, -23, 120 ) /waypoint -22, -23, 120 under the stairs of the The Amphitheater of Kelkarn
- ( -13, -20, 6 ) /waypoint -13, -20, 6 to the right of the Portal to Death Citadel (the Overlord's lair in Freeport)
- ( -40, -24, -52 ) /waypoint -40, -24, -52 beneath the palm tree at the foot of the curved stairs that lead down to the courtyard by The Jade Tiger's Den
- ( -255, -55, -14 ) /waypoint -255, -55, -14 on the back deck of the Seafarer's Roost
- ( -311, -60, 110 ) /waypoint -311, -60, 110 close the the boat launch and rowboats near The Harbor Exchange (large tent/merchant area in E Freeport)
- ( -280, -56, 204 ) /waypoint -280, -56, 204 near the boat-launch in South Freeport, not far from the zone-in point for Freeport via the Globe of Swift Travel
- ( -126, -36, 192 ) /waypoint -126, -36, 192 between the trees and palm plants near the stairs on 1 Freedom Road's player housing
- ( -172, -30, 278 ) /waypoint -172, -30, 278 behind the medium player (green and gold) housing on Freedom road, by the large palm tree
- ( -280, -56, 204 ) /waypoint -280, -56, 204 near the back wall of the housing era, past the zone-on point for Prestige Housing
- ( 10, -8, 132 ) /waypoint 10, -8, 132 to the right of the tier one Freeport Guild Hall in South Freeport, not far from Overlord's Perch
- ( -35, 12, 218 ) /waypoint -35, 12, 218 near the benches, not far from the fountain with the giant anchor
- ( 140, -2, 30 ) /waypoint 140, -2, 30 on the executioner's walkway above The Execution Plaza. You must jump down from the area above and it's easy to overshoot, so the location listed indicates the spot where it's easiest to make the jump
- ( 118, -4, -102 ) /waypoint 118, -4, -102 inside The Elddar Stables and Livery
- ( -86, -7, -182 ) /waypoint -86, -7, -182 inside the back area at The Temple of War
- ( -9, -42, -127 ) /waypoint -9, -42, -127 inside the Arcane Academy, on the lower level
- ( 286, -4, 53 ) /waypoint 286, -4, 53 near the arena's back wall, close to Kerran Dreadnaught menacer champion|
- ( 278, -5, 167 ) /waypoint 278, -5, 167 by the back side of the arena, behind the post and wall where the giant shipping crates and giant ballistia are set up
- ( 158, -8, 142 ) /waypoint 158, -8, 142 on the upper "deck"/walkway Freeport Militia House. You must go through the building to reach it
- [information needed]
This zone may be the one hardest for anyone in a hurry even if they are aligned with New Halas, Qeynos, and Kelethin, due in part to 1) the low number of guards compared to other cities and zones proximity of NPCs that will be misidentified (for this task) as beasts due to their names: 2) Torvil Beastamer 3) the event celebrants.
- ( -147, 146, 159 ) /waypoint -147, 146, 159 tucked near the snowbank on the hill coming up from the starter area, between the small The Coalition of Tradesfolke building with the various class trainers and the paved roadway into New Halas
- ( -337, 177, -37 ) /waypoint -337, 177, -37 between tradeskill stations and the NPCs who give tradeskill writs and work orders
- ( 110, 152, 20 ) /waypoint 110, 152, 20 behind the round, open-sided sweat-lodge with the shaman, druid, and healer trainer NPCs, not far from the mount merchant
- ( -429, 26, 58 ) /waypoint -429, 26, 58 below the snowy ridge supporting the first platform on the road from the dock up to New Halas, among the icy crabs
- [information needed]
By far, this is the most frustrating zone for egg hunting, primarily because the waypoints to eggs are not clearly on top of or below the city's platforms. If you're looking for a real challenge and don't want any help, hunt eggs in this city. Players will not be attacked by guard based on opposing alignment, but guards only help those aligned with Kelethin, Qeynos, or New Halas.
- ( 334, 109, 158 ) /waypoint 334, 109, 158 on a platform, near the Old Kelethin bank
- ( 230, 109, 308 ) /waypoint 230, 109, 308 near the mender, right across from the bank on the Old Kelethin platform
- ( 423, 143, 236 ) /waypoint 423, 143, 236 in Queen Amree's acorn, on the second floor
- [information needed]
One of the busier zones, this city is easy to hunt eggs in, provided there are not several other people competing for eggs. You must be aligned to Qeynos, New Halas, or Kelethin to get help from the guards.
- ( 798, -11, 68 ) /waypoint 798, -11, 68 on the top floor of Fish's Alehouse and Inn (near the medium player housing)
- ( 726, -21, -76 ) /waypoint 726, -21, -76 on top of a barrel inside a tent, not far from the clock in the courtyard
- ( 723, -18, -282 ) /waypoint 723, -18, -282 in the Elddar Grove field among the trumpet-flower vines, near Antonica's House of Pottery building
- ( 744, -21, -394 ) /waypoint 744, -21, -394 in the meditation (sand) garden in front of the Silent Fist Dojo in Elddar Grove
- ( 755, -19, -386 ) /waypoint 755, -19, -386 inside the Silent Fist Dojo in Elddar Grove
- ( 611, -35, -231 ) /waypoint 611, -35, -231 in The Elddar Grove in the defunct area that looks like the old bell docks
- ( 838, -24, -128 ) /waypoint 838, -24, -128 behind the Qeynos Linguistics building
- ( 840, -25, -24 ) /waypoint 840, -25, -24 near the Province center, behind the (closed) huge, unnamed round building
- ( 949, -25, 102 ) /waypoint 949, -25, 102 where the workers are building in the Qeynos Shipyard
- ( 682, -21, 21 ) /waypoint 682, -21, 21 inside the The Hall of Steel, between the mender and jeweler
- ( 947, -17, 7 ) /waypoint 947, -17, 7 inside The Mermaid's Lure, on the upper level, on top of a table.
- [information needed]
Though they will not attack outsiders, only those aligned with Gorowyn, Freeport, or Neriak will get help from the guards. This region has issues similar to Kelethin, due to its many platforms and levels; however, the placement of the eggs within the caves or far outside of the platformed city areas make it much easier to hunt in than Kelethin.
- ( 2481, 46, 900 ) /waypoint 2481, 46, 900 near Eruwin Ska'Mok (chodaki trainer) and among the trees, far below the North Gorowyn cave entrance
- ( 2678, 123, 1132 ) /waypoint 2678, 123, 1132 near teleport pad on that's just outside the broker, banking, and housing area of Gorowyn
- ( 2711, 107, 1192 ) /waypoint 2711, 107, 1192 on the platform for the Gorowyn City Services (e.g. the guild registrar, cloak designer, guild merchant)
- ( 2595, 120, 1158 ) /waypoint 2595, 120, 1158 next to provisoner Dvorzylka Zum'lul who is found just inside the first room that leads to the Breathing Pools (hot springs inside of Gorowyn)
- ( 2811, 43, 913 ) /waypoint 2811, 43, 913 On the Green Overlook, inside the cave that's above the blackshield pirates on the beach, behind the wall and near the captured mountain throms
- ( 2661, 66, 1162 ) /waypoint 2661, 66, 1162 on the first platform up from the ground level of the cave leading to Gorowyn, near Ambassador Zelzekla (citizenship change NPC).
- ( 2624, 117, 1065 ) /waypoint 2624, 117, 1065 right next The Breathing Pools, on the rocky cave floor
- [information needed]