|Journal Category||Ascent of the Awakened|
|Journal Level||65 (Tier 7)|
|Starting Zone||The Barren Sky more|
|How to Start||Speak with Ritnoc Flyfeather on Isle of Discord at ( -182, -166, -275 ) /waypoint -181.9, -165.59, -274.89|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
The Ascent of the Awakened is on the Isle of Discord, Barren Sky on the bottom on the isle. You can fly down using a flying mount or use the slope beginning at (-203, -141, -96) . and this quest grants access to the x4 version of the raid zone. The layout of this zone is quite similar to the Palace of the Awakened.
- The quest itself has only one stated step: "I need to gather the symbols that Ritnoc told me about and take them to him." You will not receive quest journal updates for the four symbols you must loot. All four symbols must go to that single individual.
- The journal quest level is misleading. Although it is listed as level 65, all encounters are level 75 and 76, either as single epic x2's or groups with one epic x2 and the rest being heroic.
- Each raid boss only drops one symbol. On progression servers where this quest is being done at level 70, you would typically want them to go to the raid leader or main tank. The symbols are tradeable.
- The zone is now persistent with a minimum duration of 2 days 20 hours, and a maximum of 7 days.
- You may want to do this access quest at the same time you are to do The Riddle of Razorwing quest of the Claymore Timeline as the steps for the first two floors are identical.
- The Ornate Slashed Eye and Ornate Winged Eye will drop from gray con aviaks on the first and second floor.
- The Ornate Ice Eye and the Ornate Fire Eye will not drop from grey con aviaks on the higher floors.
- If you are a high level player soloing this instance, you should use a chronomage to set your level to 85.
- Killing all of the bosses in this zone awards you the Ascending the Sky achievement.
- First Floor
- Kill the aviaks (75^^^ x2) around the area until an Ornate Slashed Eye drops (uncommon drop).
- There are aviaks that patrol, as well as groups of stationary mobs in alcoves.
- Use the Ornate Slashed Eye on the Effigy of the Slashing Talon ( 32, 0, 0 ) to spawn Prophet of The Slashing Talon
- Kill Prophet of The Slashing Talon for the Symbol of the Slashing Talon.
- The aviaks on this floor will no longer respawn after the Prophet of the Slashing Talon has been killed.
- Second Floor
- Kill the aviaks (76^^^ x2) on the second floor until an Ornate Winged Eye drops (uncommon drop).
- There are mobs that will patrol, as well as groups of stationary
- Use the Ornate Winged Eye on the Effigy of The Flapping Wing ( -13, 27, 0 ) to spawn Ancient of the Flapping Wing
- Kill Ancient of the Flapping Wing for the Symbol of the Flapping Wing. Note the knockback on this mob, it can kick you out the world. (See The Riddle of Razorwing.)
- The aviaks on this floor will no longer respawn after the Ancient of the Flapping Wing has been killed.
- Third, Fourth and Fifth (5) (West) Floors
- Climb to Third floor to access a hallway and climb up the climbable wall, to the ice dragon tower. Enemies in this area use cold-based AOE attacks.
- Kill the aviaks (75^^^ x2) on the third floor until an Ornate Ice Eye drops (uncommon drop). As noted above, if you are over level 85 these will not drop.
- Proceed down the hallway to the west and up the elevator to the Ice Tower on the Fifth (5) floor.
- Although you may consider proceeding through the center room straight to the lift platform, it is advisable to clear the aviaks in the immediate area. They will not despawn after killing Ireth the Cold.
- Use the Ornate Ice Eye on the Effigy of The Icy Breath to spawn Ireth the Cold (76^^^ x2) on the pedestal above.
- Using the Ornate Ice Eye on this Effigy will cause aviaks in the area to despawn. You may consider training to the effigy and activating it to remove the enemies from the area. However, it is important to note that only the aviaks in that room will despawn, not the ones on the lower floor.
- Pull Ireth the Cold off of the perch and down to the floor, otherwise you may be unable to loot the symbol.
- There is a wing buffet attack, the tank should position against a wall to mitigate the knockback.
- Loot the Symbol of The Icy Breath.
- Fifth (5th) (East) and Sixth (6th) Floors
- Go back to the first climbable wall on the third floor (back through the hallway to the east after going back down the lift from the Ice Tower), and proceed upward to the floor of fire.
- Make your way down the hallway to the climbable wall.
- Kill the aviaks (75^^^ x2) on the fourth floor until an Ornate Fire Eye drops (uncommon drop). As noted above, if you are over level 85 these will not drop.
- There are 2 groups of aviaks (75^^^ x2) that travel in a circle around the statues on either side, while two path to the climbing wall. Careful maneuvering can avoid them. They will respawn.
- There are also bountiful flames (76^^^ x2) and droag sentinels (76^^^ x2) on this floor.
- The droag sentinels are social and you will get both encounters if you range pull them.
- Proceed down the hallway to the east and up to the Fire Tower on the fifth floor.
- Although you may consider proceeding through the center room straight to the lift platform, it is advisable to clear the aviaks and bountiful flames in the hallway.
- Use the Ornate Fire Eye on the Effigy of The Fire Breath to spawn Sharti of The Flame.
- Using the Eye on this Effigy will cause everything in the area to despawn. You may consider training to the effigy and activating it to remove the enemies from the area. As soon as you use the Effigy, immediately move to the north wall.
- Avoid using melee pets during this fight to avoid the spawn of heroic adds. You are encouraged to remove melee pets, set mage pets to maximum distance, have the tank melee, and all others should stay ranged if possible.
- Pull Sharti of the Flame off of the perch and down to the floor, otherwise you may be unable to loot the symbol.
- There is a wing buffet attack, the tank should stay against the north wall to mitigate the knockback.
- Loot the Symbol of Fire Breath.
- Return to Ritnoc outside the zone with all four items in your inventory. Converse with him to complete the quest.