Obtaining/Changing the Ascension classesEdit
- The Elementalist Master is Najena found at ( 785, 230, 1000 ) /waypoint 784.92, 229.61, 1000.18 in the Crusaders of Greenmist Cave in Obulus Frontier
- The Etherealist Master is Miragul found at ( -381, 19, -558 ) /waypoint -381, 19, -558 in Nye'Caelona in Obulus Frontier
- The Geomancer Master is Aranolth Tol'Ren found at ( -227, 92, -234 ) /waypoint -227, 92, -234 in Nye'Caelona in Obulus Frontier
- The Thaumaturgist Master is Chosooth is found at ( 669, 253, 1418 ) /waypoint 668.61, 253.44, 1418.29 in the Crusaders of Greenmist Cave in Obulus Frontier
When you speak to them the first time you will unlock the Ascension class. To change your Ascension class, talk to them again.
Planes of ProphecyEdit
Obtain the expansion Chaos Descending to unlock the Ascension levels 16 to 20. There is an Ascension Trainer, Keyarel Elamyar, at ( 228, -5, 62 ) /waypoint 227.6, -4.96, 62.0 in Myrist, the Great Library.
The Classes Edit
All 26 Classes can obtain all 4 Ascension Classes, once they are level 100.
Ascension classes are the apotheosis of a facet of energy, and are the gateway to ascended power.
- Elementalist: Wielders of the opposing forces of fire and ice, Elementalists have the power to rain down destruction or degrade the defenses of an opponent. Initiates of this class convert ability damage to cold.
- Etherealist: Masters of arcane and planar energies. Etherealists deal with the manipulation of ambient or latent magical power. Etherealists convert ability damage to magic.
- Geomancer: Sometimes the most effective form of persuasion is the application of brute power. Geomancers are able to bring literally staggering force down on an opponent. These juggernauts convert ability damage into crushing.
- Thaumaturgist: Most things have some form of life energy, and Thaumaturgists are able to manipulate and control that energy, twisting or bolstering it to meet their needs. Blood Mages convert ability damage to disease.
Each Ascension class grants the character the ability to shift into an avatar of that Ascension, converting all damage done from any ability that does not deal damage based on your weapon's damage type. This conversion will also convert most pet and dumbfire pet damage.
- If a Combat Art says it deals Melee Damage then it is affected by your weapon damage and will not change its damage type while in Ascension form.
The Ability is found on the "Ascension" tab in your Knowledge book.
Ascension leveling happens automatically as you complete quests, missions, and public quests. You will be able to gain Ascension XP once you have unlocked an Ascension class by speaking to one of the Ascension trainers in Obulus Frontier, the Coliseum of Valor, or in Myrist, the Great Library.
Changing Ascension ClassesEdit
Changing Ascension Classes is as simple as going to the appropriate Ascension master and picking up the class. All of the progress made on your current Ascension class is saved, and you will pick up right where you left off when you return to that class. Any Ascension abilities you have earned will remain in the Ascension tab in your spell book, though you will not be able to access those abilities until you return to the matching Ascension class.
Ascension Synergies (Combos)Edit
Every Ascension ability has a synergy Ascension ability of another class. If both of these abilities are applied within a short duration to the same target, an extra effect will be applied based off of the ability that finished the combo.
For more information please see Ascension Combos
The Apprentice Version of Ascension spells is given when you initially choose an Ascension class, and when you gain a new level in an Ascension.
Upgrades of Ascension spells can be crafted or researched. The following tradeskill classes can craft Ascension spells:
- Sage can craft Elementalist and Etherealist spells
- Jeweler can craft Geomancer spells
- Alchemist can craft Thaumaturgist spells
- You need to have finished the Kunark Ascending Crafting Timeline, then the daily and weekly crafting quests to gain the +30k Faction with the Blood Tooth Clan
The Ascension Spells are in the "Ascension" Tab of the Knowledge book.
Ascension Spell TiersEdit
Scribing an ascension spell will require you to possess the previous tier of knowledge! For example to scribe an "Adept" you will need to already possess the "Journeyman" spell knowledge. Some tiers of ascension spells may only be learned via research.
- Apprentice: Automatically awarded when you first take an Ascension or gain enough Ascension XP to achieve the next level.
- Journeyman: Crafted or researched. Crafted scrolls may be available on the broker.
- Adept: Crafted or researched. Crafted scrolls may be available on the broker. You must already have the Journeyman version of the spell scribed in order to scribe the Adept version.
- Expert: Crafted or researched. Crafted scrolls may be available on the broker. You must already have the Adept version of the spell scribed in order to scribe the Expert version.
- Master: Crafted or researched. Crafted scrolls may be available on the broker. You must already have the Expert version of the spell scribed in order to scribe the Master version.
- Grandmaster: Crafted or researched. Crafted scrolls may be available on the broker. You must already have the Master version of the spell scribed in order to scribe the Grandmaster version.
- Ancient: Crafted or researched. Crafted scrolls may be available on the broker. You must already have the Grandmaster version of the spell scribed in order to scribe the Ancient version.
- Celestial: Crafted. Crafted scrolls may be available on the broker. You must already have the Ancient version of the spell scribed in order to scribe the Celestial version.
There are some "special" Adorns out there that can benefit Ascension classes:
At the completion of the Time Is Short subquest for the Kunark Ascending Crafting Timeline, the crafter will receive two purple adornment recipes. One of these recipes will be only craftable by their crafting class, the other is a recipe that is shared with their entire subclass (Craftsman, Outfitter, Scholar).
The recipes need to be crafted on the Forge of Brell (or the house item version of it), and requires
- a Blank Luclinite Rune
- 3 thalumbral root
- 3 umbrite
- 3 bornite nodule
- 5 fuel (Thaumic Coal or thaumic incense and so on)
The runes and the purple adorns are fully tradeable, and the recipe can be commissioned.
Quick Reference List of RecipesEdit
- Foundation of Thought - Craftsman (Carpenter, Provisioner, Woodworker)
- Firmament of Power - Outfitter (Armorer, Tailor, Weaponsmith)
- Ascension of Magic - Scholar (Alchemist, Jeweler, Sage)
- Foundation of Excitement - Sage
- Firmament of Passion - Jeweler
- Ascension of Love - Alchemist
- Foundation of Earth - Woodworker
- Firmament of Growth - Provisioner
- Ascension of Life - Carpenter
- Foundation of Ruin - Weaponsmith
- Firmament of Fire - Tailor
- Ascension of Destruction - Armorer
Aspect of PaixaoEdit
- 26% potency
- 28% mitigation
- 4 Fervor
Set is made up of:
Aspect of Zou KunnenEdit
- 26% potency
- +25,000 power
- Applies Ascension of Magic: Increases damage of Frozen Heavens (Elementalist level9), Implosion (Etherealist level 8), Terrestrial Coffin (Geomancer level 4), Virulent Outbreak (Thaumaturgist level 6) by 4%
Set is made up of:
- Ascension of Magic (Outfitter: Sage/Alchemist/Jeweler)
- Firmament of Power (Outfitter: Armorer/Tailor/Weaponsmith)
- Foundation of Thought (Craftsman: Carpenter/Provisioner/Woodworker)
Aspect of AniquilacionEdit
- 26% potency
- +100,000 ability modifier
- Applies Ascension of Destruction: Adds fire damage to Tainted Mutation (Thaumaturgist level 9), Granite Protector (Geomancer level 10) and Ethermancy (Etherealist level 10)
Set is made up of:
Aspect of Pingyuan DiquEdit
- 26% potency
- applies Firmament of Growth: Increases the window of opportunity for another to trigger a combo effect from your ascension abilities
- 25% max health, +250k health
Reward for Mastering an Ascension ClassEdit
When you reach level 10 in a Ascension class you will get rewarded with an Achievement depensing on the Ascension Class:
- Master Elementalist - Earring of the Icelord (Mythical Earring with 1299,6% Potency and 20 Resolve and other stats of course)
- Master Etherealist - Earring of the Etherlord (Mythical Earring with 1299,6% Potency and 20 Resolve and other stats of course)
- Master Geomancer - Earring of the Terramancer (Mythical Earring with 1299,6% Potency and 20 Resolve and other stats of course)
- Master Thaumaturgist - Earring of the Bloodmage (Mythical Earring with 1299,6% Potency and 20 Resolve and other stats of course)
Reward for Mastering all Ascension ClassesEdit
When you reach level 10 with all 4 Ascension classes you will be rewarded with the Achievement The Ascension, which grants
- Tome of the Ascended - Mythical Prestige Charm item with 2621 potency, 10 Fervor, 15 Fervor overcap that reduces the recast time of all Ascension abilities by 20% and a clicky ability that increases the ascension damage by 20% for 5mins, with 4hours recast
- Suffix Title: the Ascended
|EQ2i credits the SOE/DBG Forums for some of the information in this article.|