|Upload a video!|
Annnnd.... ACTION! is a general achievement that is easy to get. You must upload 2 video clips (even its description says "a video") recorded in-game to YouTube via the game's function.
EverQuest II includes the video capture function. It can be triggered by opening character window, selecting "EQII Share" tab, and clicking the button "Create Video". Then the small video capture window with two buttons will show on the top of screen. The left button is for starting/stoping capture and the right one is for opening video settings (e.g. quality).
After you make a movie, YouTube Video Upload window will pop up. Fill in the form along with the movie's title. It may take hours to upload depending on the video length and the chosen quality. (I suggest 5/10 of quality, fast and fair enough.) You can still journey somewhere else while uploading. When it finishes, the status will show "Posted" and you will gain the achievement that time. YouTube will take another few minutes to prepare your clip to be published.
Problems that you might find[edit | edit source]
- I cannot log in YouTube even using correct username/password.
- YouTube and Google now have different policy from the past. You will be not able to log in with your familiar manner. You firstly have to authorize the game in order to access your YouTube account. Follow instructions in this link: https://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=185833 Carefully copy the "yellow code" that you newly get and use it as your password.
- The YouTube window blocks out my view.
- The window seems to be locked from dragging around, so you must unlock it yourself by right-clicking and choose "unlock the window".
- The recording window cannot be closed.
- Click the second button to open settings window. Unmark showing the window there and then accept.
- Some lag occurs while uploading.
- This is natural. Uploading takes some network bandwidth. I suggest not to wade through a massy quest while it does not finish.