The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
| The Item, Location, Quest, Mob or NPC referred to by this page has been removed from EverQuest II.|
This article is being retained for historical reasons
|After being extended past the Chaos Descending Expansion launch this event was removed with a Live Update on 26th of March 2019|
|Journal Category||World Event|
|Journal Level||99 (Tier 10)|
|Starting Zone||see Starting the Quest below|
|How to Start||see Starting the Quest below|
Starting the QuestEdit
Speak to one of the following:
- an Arcane Science Apprentice at ( -1194, -53, -419 ) /waypoint -1194, -53, -419 in the Commonlands.
- an Arcane Science Apprentice at ( -506, -54, 138 ) /waypoint -506, -54, 138 in the Darklight Woods
- For the good aligned version of the quest see Against the Elements for Qeynos
- For best results and the top reward DO NOT turn the quest in until you are at least level 101.
- For the quest update, you MUST go after "challenging" (green con or better) mobs. It will involve killing several mobs that spawn out of a special tempest (many of them scattered throughout Norrath, then eventually killing the tempest itself. Once you have finished the quest and handed it in, you can then go after any of the other tempests in the land for the currency and the collectibles. (For the farming, you can go after grey ones if you want, be mentored, etc. You may also group for the currency updates, and everyone in the group will get it.) The tempests have about a 5-minute respawn timer on them, and are in several specific locations in 33 zones.
- Go to the Academy of Arcane Science in North Freeport and deliver the Apprentice's report to Librarian Jasozi at ( 11, -38, -109 ) /waypoint 11, -38, -109
- The librarian now requires you to bring back a sample Elemental Storm Shred.
- Find an elemental tempest and kill the elementals it spawns: each time you kill one, another one is spawned. This happens 5 times. After the 5th elemental is slayed, the tempest itself becomes aggressive. Kill that to receive an elemental shred.
- Note: trackable by scouts and scout merc.
- Note: for possible spawn locations see the talk page
- Return to the Academy of Arcane Science and hand the Elemental Storm Shred sample to Librarian Jasozi in return for your reward.
- At least 1p 20g
- Elemental Storm Shred
- Title: Elemental Assailant
- Ancient Scroll Crate
- gives you the option the choose from an Ancient Scroll Crate either for your class or for one of the 4 Ascension Classes, which means you get 1 Ancient spell for "free" when you use the scroll (if you have that spell at least grandmastered)
- It appears that you need to be level 101 or higher to get the Ancient Scroll Crate. (2018.11.18 Didn't get it on 101. Against the Elements Ancient Spell Scrolls can be purchased from Shred vendor instead.)
- One of the following:
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.