|Journal Category||Heritage (AA)|
|Journal Level||55 (Tier 6)|
|Starting Zone||The Deep Forge more|
|How to Start||Gather shiny just inside the entrance of The Deep Forge ( -10, 1, 32 ) /waypoint -10, 1, 32|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
Starting the quest
As written above you need to gather a shiny to start the quest. However, the shiny will not be visible unless you wear Toggery's Tinkered Excavation Cap, the reward from the quest Tinkering with Toggery. You can see the shiny with the D.I.R.T.Y. Excavation Helmet too.
The shiny is directly to the right of the zone line; you can zone in, get the shiny and zone out without engaging any mobs at all.
- Find a way to identify this mysterious thread
- Talk to Frederick Saltmarsh on the Lavastorm docks ( -166, -120, 653 ) /waypoint -166, -120, 653. Depending on what chat option you choose, he wants 1p or 50g to identify the thread.
- Listen to what Frederick has to say
- He will give back your coin when he finds out what the thread is. He won't tell you what he actually found out, though, except that he won't stand in the way of Najena.
- Seek out someone INSANE! to help identify the mysterious thread
- Investigate the The Deep Forge for clues about the robes the gnome spoke of
- Talk to Ruddybupp, found at the Netherflame Forge ( 88, 1, 4 ) /waypoint 88, 1, 4
- Ruddybupp wants a full set of Magmatic Bronze Armor in return for a special robe. This armor can be crafted from recipes that drop from any mob in the zone (Chest Drops).
- Ruddybupp wants you to get him a book from Najena's Hollow called "Bows and Ammo: volume 14". This can be found outside the jail cells on a shelf at ( -20, -195, -139 ) /waypoint -20, -195, -139.
- Return to Ruddybupp with the book.
- Ruddybupp sets up a meeting for you with Lady Najena at the Magma Grotto in Lavastorm ( -250, -129, 481 ) /waypoint -250, -129, 481. When you speak with her, she agrees to give you a magical robe if you can pass her trial to prove you are worthy of one.
- Speak to Lady Najena to receive your reward.
Consolidated shopping list for all items needed to make the Magmatic Bronze Armor
Recipes (looted in Deep Forge):
- Burnt Recipe Page 1
- Burnt Recipe Page 2
- Burnt Recipe Page 3
- Burnt Recipe Page 4
- Burnt Recipe Page 5
- Burnt Recipe Page 6
- Burnt Recipe Page 7
- 7 Brick of bronze ore
- 10 Brick of silvril ore
- 10 Brick of thalium ore
- 58 Bricks of iron ore
- 13 Magmatic crystal
- 65 smoldering coals
Please note: You must make this armor at Ruddybupp's forge in the Deep Forge instance. Each recipe requires 10 Bricks of iron ore, but the crafter receives 2 back for each successful combine. If you have these pieces made through the commissioning system, be sure to uncheck the Crafter receives side products checkbox.