|Journal Category||Tradeskill (AA)|
|Journal Level||110 (Tier 12)|
|Starting Zone||Plane of Magic more|
|How to Start||Speak to Varig Ro in the Coliseum of Valor|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
The combines for this timeline are VERY long. Without potions they are taking 3-5 minutes EACH. Plan accordingly. There is a LOT of running on the quest. Bring as many evac items as you can manage. A floaty cloak is also useful to save time getting down from the towers.
Bring at least:
- Enter Bastion of Thunder: Lightning Strikes [Tradeskill] at ( -95, 3, -164 ) /waypoint -95, 3, -164.
- Use the teleporter pad at ( -212, -19, 44 ) /waypoint -212, -19, 44 to travel to the Tower of the Rainkeeper then speak to Karana at ( -29, 994, 191 ) /waypoint -29, 994, 191.
- Use the teleporter pad at ( -38, 995, -234 ) /waypoint -38, 995, -234 to return to the Torden Atrium.
- Speak to Voonark at ( 558, -17, 634 ) /waypoint 558, -17, 634 at the base of the Tower of Thunder in the southwest.
- Collect the following: Note: Track Harvesting works on the nodes and bucket. Look for the bucket used for gathering the water while at each tower.
- 10 Aluminum Orbs
- Found around the base of the Tower of Thunder (SW).
- 10 Zinc Orbs
- Found around the base of the Acolyte Tower (SE).
- 10 Copper Orbs
- Found around the base of The Glacial Tower (NW). Note: The floor is slippery.
- 10 Torden Clay
- Found around the base of The Sandstorm Floor Tower (NE).
- 5 Pure Water from the pool in front of Karana.
- You need a bucket. (Bucket is trackable and found around or at the top of one of the towers. It can NOT be tracked from the base of the towers; One will need to go up a few levels before detecting it.)
- Possible Locations
- Sand Tower ( -752, 198, -709 ) /waypoint -752, 198, -709, Lightning Tower ( 727, 198, 719 ) /waypoint 727, 198, 719
- Ice Tower ( 774, 198, -716 ) /waypoint 774, 198, -716, Wind Tower ( -631, -16, 552 ) /waypoint -631, -16, 552
- 10 Aluminum Orbs
- Craft the Untempered Lightning Rods at ( 22, -2, 5 ) /waypoint 22, -2, 5
- Craft the Heated Clay Temper
- Examine the Heated Clay Temper in your inventory to apply it to the lightning rods
- Speak with Edlias the wyvern at ( -616, -16, -550 ) /waypoint -616, -16, -550.
- (This step gives tradeskill exp)
- Pick up a block of ice at the top of the ramps, NW Tower ( 748, 198, -721 ) /waypoint 748, 198, -721 Note: This will start a 5 min timer, featherfall to save time.
Note: for those characters whom are blind and can only WALK, it will take 4m30s just to get from Edlias to half-way point between the two areas. So unless the time is increase or others are allowed in to assist, you are done with this quest at this step.
- Return to Edlias and place the block at ( -606, -14, -556 ) /waypoint -606, -14, -556.
- Known Bug: The sparkly will not be there if you had to set the block down before reaching Edlias.
- Speak to Edlias. Then place the rods on the sand patch in front of him. (move to his side or stand behind him or you will get knocked off and die)
- When Edlias has finished pick the rods up. Then click the ice block to place them. Once quenched, retrieve them.
- Place the 4 tempered lightning rods around the Tower of Thunder (SW), stand back to avoid being knocked back to your death by the strike of lightning and collect the Solidified Lightning.
- ( 585, -15, 717 ) /waypoint 585, -15, 717 ( 769, -17, 680 ) /waypoint 769, -17, 680 ( 765, -17, 590 ) /waypoint 765, -17, 590 ( 605, -17, 538 ) /waypoint 605, -17, 538
- Return to Varig Ro in the Coliseum of Valor
- At least 11p 21g 53s 75c 48000 status