|Journal Category||Thundering Steppes|
|Journal Level||Scales to Player Up to 60 (Tier 0)|
|Starting Zone||The Thundering Steppes more|
|How to Start||/claim your A Mysterious Shard, and examine it while in The Thundering Steppes.|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
This is the first of two quests granting access to the Splitpaw Den. This first quest grants access to Sundered Splitpaw: Upper Tunnels, which allow access to the Splitpaw Den on foot. The following quest grants access via a teleport shard from anywhere in the world. This quest can be done by all players, whether you have purchased the Splitpaw Saga Adventure Pack or not.
Find the Vision
- Examining the darkened shard while in the Steppes will cause an image of a bone structure to appear. That image represents the entrance to Sundered Splitpaw: Delving Into the Darkness and is called a Terraporter.
- Approach any of the Terraporters in The Thundering Steppes to update the quest. There are 4 of them, spread along the Thundermist Road:
- ( 548, -1, -507 ) /waypoint 548, -1, -507
- ( 710, -2, -414 ) /waypoint 710, -2, -414
- ( 1023, -1, 247 ) /waypoint 1023, -1, 247
- ( 1267, -3, 208 ) /waypoint 1267, -3, 208
- After finding a terraporter, you should click it to enter Sundered Splitpaw: Delving Into the Darkness. Keep in mind the following:
- Be sure to get your quest update before zoning in, or a slightly glowing shard will not work.
- This is intended to be a solo instance. However it can be done as a group. Remember that each person who has the quest must get close enough to the terraporter to get a quest update before being pulled into the zone. This can be accomplished by simply telling everyone to let the last person who approaches do the clicking (risky because of abductors) or by having one person at a time approach and click on the terraporter and the rest of the group members hang back far enough not to be drawn into the instance with that person.
- Do not allow yourself to be attacked by any abductor gnolls guarding the terraporter. Even only being attacked by the abductors will send you to a different instance called Sundered Splitpaw: Captive Audience which does not advance this quest. Simply pull all gnolls from a distance and dispatch them.
Find the Gem
Once inside, you must find what the cave has to do with the gem. To do this, you need to open up a chest located at the bottom of the dungeon.
- The copper key that unlocks the chest is held by The Tesch Val Fanatic. He is found at ( -126, -68, -99 ) /waypoint -126, -68, -99. You can invis all the way in and out except for the fight with The Tesch Val Fanatic and the roamer immediately in front of them. Once you have slain the Fanatic and obtained the key, you'll find that the chest is located on top of a pillar nearby, far out of reach.
- Find the 3 crates lying nearby and stack them one on top of the other at the base of the pillar to build yourself a staircase up to the chest. You can jump from the top crate onto the pillar. (There are other crates in the zone if needed).
- Climb to the top of the pillar and have the person who looted the copper key open the chest.
- Examine the slightly glowing shard while still in the zone to make it fuse together with the original a darkened azure shard. The new shard will disappear and then update your quest journal. Only the person that has the key and opens the chest will get the update Automatically. Everyone else in the group can right click the chest to get their update.
- You can now exit via the terraporter at the entrance at ( -54, -65, -226 ) /waypoint -54, -65, -226 to proceed with the quest. (There's a broken terraporter nearby, so don't confuse the two.) You will end up in Village of Thundermist in The Thundering Steppes. Lair is located at (194, 2, 1078)